PDA

View Full Version : change of routine

tasia
06-01-10, 20:19
Hi everybody. Happy New Year.
Just wondered if anyone else gets this. Because today is not a usual day for me, the snow, the children off school, my husband at home, it makes me feel really panicky and stressed and its ridiculous Im really not good at handling change of routine and I believe this is because I suffered with depersonalisation for a number of years. After not feeling that great today to top it all tonight, I have a swelling that has come up on the soft tissue underneath my tongue...Ive had this problem before and after a few hours it goes away I do suffer with allergies and wonder possibly is it due to maybe something I ate...usually when I get it Im absolutely fine and can handle it really well, but Im not handling it well atall and can feel myself starting to panic. I feel a little vulnerable today as it reminds me that although I think that im recovered from my anxiety that I suffered with for years that really I still have a way to go to be fully recovered and stupid little things like today can set me off again...thanks for any replys..xx

Maj
06-01-10, 20:37
This is only a blip, don't be disheartened. We were talking at work today about being glad the festivities were all over because we've all been couped up with family at home and feel as though we haven't had a minute to ourselves recently. It's just the after effects of the holidays. I think many of us are feeling the same and need a bit of space. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Myra:hugs:

butterfly1
06-01-10, 20:42
Hi Tasia i am very much like you as in a bit regimental with my routine which is how i cope. I like to know what i am doing next and i also had day off work due to weather and its took me all day to get going. Butterfly1:)

hopeless
06-01-10, 21:44
Hi Tasia

I think most of us have some form of daily routine and familiarity and it makes us feel secure,safe,normal. But when things happen that are beyond our control, ie the weather for example and our routines are altered/upset then it can make us feel uncomfortable aswell as vunerable and anxious.. The bad weather today has thrown my routine completely out of the window and my anxiety has reared its ugly head for the first time in months.I feel like i have no control over my normal daily activities because i cannot drive my car and therefore feel frustrated anxious and a bit helpless.. If it is of any consolation you are not alone in how you are feeling.. Take care and lets hope life resumes to normal asap and our anxiety levels subside..

tasia
07-01-10, 08:35
Hi guys,
Thankyou so much for your replys. Its nice to know that Im not alone feeling like I do and I agree with you all. Today again I have the children, hubby at home and the snow but I think I will probably cope a wee bit better as it will be the same sort of day as yesterday...lol sounds crazy I know...Thankyou all so much again for your kind replys...and keep warm and safe. xx