PDA

View Full Version : Heartburn

ogarchamplin
31-01-04, 23:48
Does anyone have real bad Heartburn before and after a PA?

Harrisburg, Pa

Buby
01-02-04, 01:39
i have heartburn all the time but sometimes before a pa cause thats what normally sets it off. not all the time does it set my pa off but most of the time.

hugs Rachel xx

diana
01-02-04, 01:42
Hiya Ogarchamplin,

I have had it like a few times after , but not everytime. I hope this helps.

Take care,

Diana xxx

cindyc
02-02-04, 10:49
I normally have heartburn during pa's. I try to take some sort of antacid during on.....relieves some of the symptoms. I think that its important to try to remember that the pain that we're feeling is heartburn......it does not mean that its the start of a pa......that sometimes exaggerates the feelings.

Good luck!
Cindy

Lottie32
02-02-04, 14:13
Very common! Here are some hints to control -

Gaviscon

Eat little and often

Avoid fatty/spicy foods

Don't wait till you're really hungry before you eat

Eat slowly and chew food thoroughly

Eat alkali foods

Charcoal tablets

If at bedtime, sleep on your LEFT side

Charlie

Meg
02-02-04, 16:49
.. The reason being that as soon as we get stressed one of the bodys automatic responses is to pump out more of the Hydrochloric acid in the tummy as a defense to any poisons and also to aid and quicken digestion of whatever is still in there . So just doing its job really - bit of an overkill in 21st century though !

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

stimpy
05-02-04, 01:05
Hiya Ogarchamplin,

I get wicked heartburn. But it does say on the leaflet with my meds that it is one of the side effects, so I'm not too worried and a few indigestion tablets normally do the trick.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric