PDA

View Full Version : I dont really know haw to say this.

hannah84
06-01-10, 22:07
Hi I am having such trouble trying to put what i am thinking in to words through everything i know and have read about anxiety and panic i have never come across this before so I am hoping at least one person knows what I am talking about, sorry bare with me as I said Im not to sure how to explain this.

Well for the last two or three weeks i have been really aware of the earth and space and things aggghhh i really dont know how to put it im not scared but i am really aware of space like whats up there when i go outside and look up it makes me dizzy and feel a bit weird i think its more to do with being worried about the unknown as opposed to the actual space.
I'm sorry I know it sounds so odd and believe me I think its weird myself and its actually happening to me, I keep having a sense of doom but only at night never during the day ever and I have never had a panic attack during the day what does this mean am I going crazy has anyone ever felt like this before as I have said because I have never heard of it I feel like I am the only one thats ever had it, I have just thought it also never happens when I am with other people.
Also has anyone ever had hypnotherapy before i have heard it is quite good but a little advice would be fab.
Thanks Hannah. x x :blush:

PoppyC
06-01-10, 22:23
Hi Hannah!
I can relate to this. When I was at my worst with anxiety I had similar experiences and was told by my therapist that it was all part of desensitization/derealization, which is caused by an over anxious tired mind, switching off a little bit, in order to protect itself. Its all quite normal to experience this and it does not mean you are going mad.
Sometimes when my anxiety is bad, the sky seems really unreal to me.
Are you having any therapy at all? taking any medication?
You are not alone as a lot of people with anxiety suffer with derealization/desenitization. I had it for a short while,but then it went away and I have never had it back since, thankfull. It does go when the anxiety lessens. You won't always have the feelings that you are having.
The thread to the article may be of some help to you I hope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derealization

:hugs:

Jellie
06-01-10, 22:27
Hi Hannah :-)

Doesn't sound odd for sure, i have a similar thing, night makes me freak out for some reason, though i do get panic during the day also, when it comes to lying down and going to sleep i'm all like eek and ahh. Space makes me dizzy too and very ungrounded! I have been to hypnotherapy quite a few times, i think it depends on your circumstances whether it works but even if it doesn't generally they give you some good visulisation techniques for going away with.
With the whole space thing, space is amazing and vast but it can be pretty scary too! I find my heart sort of jumps and i get all floaty and dizzy then my stomach goes argh!
A technique i have used in the past which has workred quite well is you imagine roots going from your feet into the core of the earth, then coming back up the middle of the root and almost anchoring around your waist to keep you down :-) Also focusing on earthy things like grass and trees and that when you are feeling dizzy is good too, i find myself walking back and forth quite a lot as it makes me quite spacey and it almost brings the anxiety down a little :-)

Hope you feel better soon
-Jelliex (Also a Hannah :D )

hannah84
06-01-10, 22:34
Hi Poppy thank you so much for replying I know it sounds weird because obviously I dont want anyone to experience such horrible feelings but it is always good to know that I am not the only one this has happened to and that it is just a side affect of panic attacks.
I had one session with a counseller and it was very helpful but shortly after it I started to feel better and never went back, I know silly me.
But I am going to start something again I am just researching all options at the moment so I'll see what seems the best.

Thank you again Hannah x :)

Tomimo
08-01-10, 16:33
I just want you to know that you are not alone. I remember posting a similar thing a while back and at first no-one replied and I felt totally crazy.

I can tell you that I have the exact same feelings and it totally freaks me out. Mine is compounded by an absolute fear of not being here one day and both things can paralyse me. It's fear of the unknown and lack of control.

Mine goes through phases of bothering me a lot and then not so much so it does get better sometimes - I hope that's a little reassuring!

T x