PDA

View Full Version : Tightening Throat

Jellie
06-01-10, 23:14
I feel like i have pressure on my throat a lot of the time. Also my throat sometimes feels like it is sticking together and i have to gulp for air. It makes me really anxious that i cannot breathe after wards and often i'm gasping for breath for quite a while afterwards, even though my lungs are ok my throat is really tight.. does anyone else experience this?

xxjelliexx

sammi
06-01-10, 23:16
yes i get this feeling along with a whole bunch of other symptoms its horrible xx

Kasha
10-01-10, 11:51
I have that now, its terrifying :'( x

she1973
10-01-10, 12:09
one of the worst thing is the tightning throat thing. u feel as if someone is suffocating you its horrible and then panic sets in when u feel u cant breathe health anxiety sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katr
10-01-10, 12:14
Yea i have this at the min too. Horrible horrible feelin. Like your throat is closin over and the muscles are rock hard. Tightness is bad up in my jaw too... :(

Sammy J
10-01-10, 14:36
I have this also, I always describe it as feeling like someone has their hands around my throat!

charlotte83
10-01-10, 15:04
That was one of my worst symptoms when my anxiety was bad, just like someone putting their hands round your neck, its horrible. I found it really hard to eat because of it. Trust me though, it does get better as your anxiety gets better so it won't last forever :)

Jellie
10-01-10, 17:53
Tis rubbish for sure, glad to know it won't last forever though :-) I've managed to calm it down a bit at night before i try and sleep if i concentrate and almost say the word CALM and RELAX into my throat for a while it gets a little better, though it only seems to work when i'm lying down and relaxing..

freeme
11-01-10, 04:26
I know exactly what you're talking about, it's the worst! It's like you're wearing a tie that's way too tight. I find that it impairs my breathing, making me take shorter breaths, which just makes everything worse and brings on new symptoms.

Try sipping hot tea when it happens... doesn't really make it go away, but it seems to help a little.

tropical1975
11-01-10, 04:45
i get this to, i am glad to hear that it goes away but could do with some tips on how to manage it, should i speak to my gp again?