PDA

View Full Version : Hello Hello

DestineeIII
07-01-10, 03:24
Hello There! My name is Destinee. I've recently started to get extreme panic attacks and need to learn more about them and hear from others, so I can fully understand what Im dealing with. I suffered from them as a child and then my teen years seemed fine, now that Im in my early 20's, it has never been worse. I'm in constant panic almost every day. I always thing Im dying or have some serious illness. Mostly a heart attack. I really dont want to go on any drugs such as Xanax, valium, or any other barbiturates. I've used them before and don't really like the way they make me feel. My mother suffers from manic depression and bipolar disorder, so I'm thinking I've gotten my panic disorder from her. If anyone has any suggestions for me, please please please message. I am also a crazy googler! I don't know if other people do this, but I am crazy insane. Once I've started it's hard to get me to stop. I search every pain and symptom I can. Its really taking over my life :weep:

nomorepanic
07-01-10, 03:26
Hi DestineeIII

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

eeyorelover
07-01-10, 05:54
Welcome to the site!
Googling is a no-no for anyone who has anxiety problems but one that so many of us who suffer do because we are searching for answers.
Any symptom you have and feel like searching you can always search for threads on here.
Just go under the search icon at the top of the screen and put in any keywords.
Also as Nic says check out the help pages at the left of the screen!
There is loads of great info there!!
If you have any questions or need help finding anything you can always PM me :)
xxx
Sandy