PDA

View Full Version : First Anxiety Management Class Tomorrow!

oscar1
07-01-10, 16:46
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone has taken an anxiety management group/course, and whats involved. I really dont know what to expect, and im kinda nervous.

joans60
07-01-10, 17:08
Hi Oscar
Let me know how you get on
I start one on Monday all being well with the weather
Good Luck

Joan

madelaine
07-01-10, 17:09
dont worry the jist give u handouts n thu all go thro the handout together prob no more than 6 in group a didbt find them that good sorry no harm in tryin they mite work 4 u gd luck

SueBut
07-01-10, 17:55
Is this something arranged by your doctor via NHS or private? I would be interested to know how you get on as sounds like something that I could benefit from. Hope all goes well - please let me know.x

leony
07-01-10, 18:07
been on 1 myself found it very useful ran along side with a counsellor in my case didhelp to talk 2 other people in same boat

manx_kitty
08-01-10, 00:51
I am starting anxiety management next month so please could you let me know how you get on and what its like :)

manx_kitty
08-01-10, 00:54
Is this something arranged by your doctor via NHS or private? I would be interested to know how you get on as sounds like something that I could benefit from. Hope all goes well - please let me know.x

Hi, just wanted to let you know that i went to the central referal team and they then refered me to Ocupational Therapy, i went for my appointment with the therapist today for assessment and she told me about the anxiety management course.

The course is free so i would contact your local mental health team to find out more about it.

oscar1
08-01-10, 13:54
Hi. The class was cancelled because of the weather, which is very annoying, but its being rescheduled. Ill let everyone know what its like when I finally get to my first class.

happyone
08-01-10, 14:10
I went on one and found it useful. However....I need to remember to put the theory into practice!

Happyone

SueBut
08-01-10, 18:17
Thanks for letting me know, I shall try and find out if I can get myself on one. Good luck with yours and please update us on how useful it is.x