PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety & illness

MikeyT
07-01-10, 17:28
Hi All

Always find this time of year difficult, Christmas especially seems to set my anxiety on a hair trigger, which takes a while to reset.
Had a panic attack while out at relo's on boxing day, (first proper one in months) went for a walk, instead of going off home, not easy to leave in a rush when you have two children who were having fun. Managed to ride it out.
Again things that would not be a bother, seem to be setting me off, had a bad day when it was snowing, I was at home! Try not to rationalise it anymore.
But I have had a heavy cold for the past week or "man flu", so I don't know if this has increased stress levels making me more susceptible to anxiety.
Anyone else the same
Mike

Downsinthenorth
07-01-10, 21:38
I've had anxiety attacks while sitting at home with no reason to feel anxious - except that I'm having an anxiety attack. I don't know, but I think it has become the default response for my body and mind in any situation, no matter what. As you say, it's best not to try and make sense of something that doesn't seem to obey 'the rules'.

Hope you have fully recovered from your cold/man-flu. :D

SmartyPants
07-01-10, 22:17
I've had anxiety attacks while sitting at home with no reason to feel anxious - except that I'm having an anxiety attack. I don't know, but I think it has become the default response for my body and mind in any situation, no matter what.

Wow, that is exactly how I am! Couldn't of summed it up better!

Mikey,
I noticed Christmas that I had massive anxiety after a relatively long time for me. It just came out of nowhere Christmas Eve and although Christmas is quite stressful, I was surprised as I felt quite relaxed generally. I guess it gets to us without being too aware of it, I originally put it down to not sleeping as much over the festive period.

suzy-sue
07-01-10, 23:32
I was feeling anx free and so well before the lead upto christmas .I was even cotemplating coming off my medication in January ..Christmas was very stressful and made me very tense and anxious .The day went well and we had a good few days .Despite this my anxiety has gotten worse and the past week has started to wake me up thru the night again with the garbage truck of past memories id thought had been burried a while back .Yesterday ,did not start well!:mad:I woke feeling like I was coming down with something , and i felt like turning over and staying in bed i
.:lac:.I didnt and things just got worse by the hour ,not only was my son stranded in the snow ,he had been notified a good friend had died on christmas eve outside his home ...By lunchtime I felt so down and anxious .Run down and tearful I,felt id gone back in my recovery 10months ...:weep:I spoke to a good friend on the telephone for an hour and we had a good laugh !:roflmao:,after id had a good rant etc ..I felt so much better ,and today feel even more so My son managed to get home from Wales safely too :yesyes: .I know I will feel as good as I did before ,but it wont happen overnight .Good friends and understanding really do help get you back on track tho .Plenty of rest and a goodnights sleep ( if it allows ) hopefully tommorow i will be nearer that place once again ..Hope you all feel well soon too ...Luv . Sue