PDA

View Full Version : HI Everyone...

jacko296
07-01-10, 21:17
Still getting the hang of the site but thought i would breifly introduce myself.I have suffered with anxiety related disorders most of my life starting with o.c.d. at a very young age til the present day.I developed panic attacks in my late teens and still do...anyway...things really came to a head a few weeks back and i felt like i was 'finally going mad'...this was due a wide range of things..lack of sleep/too much alcohol/relationship problems...i could go on...but one thing i have learnt is that if i isolate with my disorders/problems..it just fuels the fire...so here i am...thanks for reading.

J.

nomorepanic
07-01-10, 21:18
Hi jacko296

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

twhitetina
08-01-10, 15:45
Hey J,

I'm new here too! It seems like we have a lot in common. I have suffered with these attacks for a long time. I quit drinking two weeks ago cause alcohol was making mine way worse, it was tough quitting too cause I have been self medicating with alcohol since I was like seventeen and I am now thirty one. I didn't know at the time thats what i was doing cause I didn't actually have my first panic attack till i was 22 but I was on the verge apparently. I too am having relationship problems and was unaware of how bad it effects my panic situation. Relationship issues, alcohol amongst more on top of that is a set up for panic. I hope we can find some insight and advice there seems to be a lot of caring people on this site just like us. Know that your not alone you already found one person that can relate.
Tina

jacko296
12-01-10, 10:03
Hi Tina.

Thanks for your kind post....itoo started using alcohol as a kind of crutch around the same age and have realised it no longer has the desired effect..am 36 now.
I have aso started to realise how emotinal stress can contribute heavily to highlighting my symptoms...i have decided that i am now going to make my recovery my primary focus for once...and this site has been a godsend so far!!
Take care.

J.