PDA

View Full Version : Keep Hiccuping!

Ruby94
07-01-10, 22:45
Ive been hiccuping on and off for almost a week now, it happens
every hour or so, and its getting more concerning i dont know why im getting them alot :weep: please help me it hurts

Maj
07-01-10, 23:00
I've heard of this before with people not being able to stop hiccuping but don't know if they ever get to the bottom of it. Maybe it's a digestive thing? You could also ask the doctor for their advice. I know, it must be very annoying!
Myra:)

Cell block H fan
08-01-10, 08:27
My sons mate had this a few months ago, & it had been going on months too. She's 14. I asked her if her mum had taken her to the doctors, she said no. I was amazed. This girl hiccups consantly! Everyone laughs about it at her, but it must be so annoying. Not even sure if the doctor can do anything, but maybe can say what might help to stop them? x

meg86
08-01-10, 11:35
Hello :)

I had this once before, it really scared me actually and i thought i would never get rid of the dam things!!

I got it everytimes i ate something, it came to a point i didnt want to eat! after a week or so and when i tried not to worry about it it stopped, this just happens occasionally, them not being constant is a very very good thing.

some people get the hiccups and they dont come off and they suffer from hiccups for a very long time.

If they are coming off im sure its just something that you have at the moment and im sure it will ease up soon x

Ruby94
08-01-10, 17:40
i Remember a girl who hiccuped for 2 years;

Dolan1989
08-01-10, 19:11
Believe it or not hiccups can and are often caused by stress and anxiety.

I get them ever time I have an exam without fail. They start about a week before but soon go once my anxiety levels drop.

So the not so simple answer is probably not to worry about them and they'll go away. Or you could always try having a really big drink whilst holding your nose. That's the trick that works for me.

Nat x

moore
09-01-10, 00:31
I get bouts of hiccups (on and off for days, then vanish), and they worry me too. But, they do go away. If you regulate your breathing (deep slow breaths) you can usually subside an attack. Worrying about them makes them worse for sure.

I knew someone else who used to hiccup all the time too. I think its not uncommon.
It's painful though, and annoying.

Nobody really seems to know what causes hiccups, or even why we hiccup. I remember looking into it last time I had it.