PDA

View Full Version : fear of sickness..

Shadow_of_me
08-01-10, 13:43
hey all its been a while since my last post and have been slightly better with things as have got myself back to work part time which takes me mind off it and have generally been feeling better. however i still crumble at any lil feeling that happens in my body cos i fear i will be sick! it not only causes huge panic attacks but also stops me from going out if everything is not 100% with me. I think i identifly normal bodyly funtions with nausea and its just getting worse and worse. I am taking domperidone everyday just for the peice of mind which i no is not helping me in the long run.... Is there every an end to this dammmm phobia lol

BRB.emet
09-01-10, 01:32
hey i feel for you i'm going through the same thing, except i can hardly eat. it's a phobia that completely rules your life, i'm sorry you are feeling this way we can get through this. :hugs:

Joycee<3
09-01-10, 08:42
Hey Shadow of me,

I totally understand how you feel ! At x's the symptoms just get so overwhelmming for me that i'm like oh deaaarrrrrr why ); Don't worry though, eventually we will get through this and feel like we climmed the Mount Everest :D If you ever need someone to tlk to i'm here (: I'm pretty sure u feel like ur the only person that feels that way I know I do !

Joycee<3
09-01-10, 08:44
[QUOTE=BRB.emet;599151]hey i feel for you i'm going through the same thing, except i can hardly eat. it's a phobia that completely rules your life, i'm sorry you are feeling this way we can get through this. :hugs:

I know how you feeel; I probably suffer from the same phobia as you. I had food poisoning like three yrs ago from eating chicken and eating has became a daily struggle i am emetophobic and cibophobic. Sttaaaayy sttrrooonnnnggg we r gng to get through it !

Star
09-01-10, 10:49
Hiya Shadow,

I've had this phobia well basically most of my life, its only come out as a bigger problem for me in the last 4 years or so now, and the way i delt with it at the time was to just avoid everything that would cause me panic or stress or feeling that i was going to be sick. Little did i know then that i was just making the problem worse and worse, I eventually ended up not going out at all, cutting off and losing old friends, and I even lost my jobs from it.

The saying "Face your fears" is a great one, and it does help you get over it, I know its incredibly hard to do - but honestly its the only way you're going to be able to get over it.

Apart from medication is there any other help your getting? I went to the doctor who referred me to therapy - which i found incredibly useful and a big help to my recovery from emetophobia.

i'm 25 now and feel like im finally getting a hold over this phobia, still got a long way to go as i suffer from other forms of anxiety - but finally i feel like theres a light at the end of the tunnel!

Keep strong hun - you'll get there in the end :)

Shadow_of_me
10-01-10, 14:23
yeah i have been having cbt therpy and it does help to talk about it and blah blah but i find as soon as i "start feeling sick" or get the idea in my head that i do all i have discussed at therpy goes straight out the window!! I feel so stupid for it most of the time, and as im only 21 jus wanna get on with my life but i cant. PM me if any1 wants to chat! x

kym_888
17-01-10, 19:28
Omg i cannot believe i am reading this, Shadow, i am just like u, i fear sick 24/7, constantly get stomach aches, and the feelings im going to be sick. I am also 21, and feel my life is gonna be ruled by this forever. I dont find therapy 100% helpfull either, as soon as u have a panic attack thats it, all the good things u learnt have vanised. Hope we can get through this together :) :hugs:

honeyp1e
05-02-10, 14:28
I also have this phobia and have had it since i was around 12 am now 27 i HATE bein this way as every little twinge, pain etc... sets me off thinking "am i going to puke" but one thing is i dont mind bein round people when they vomit or are ill and i can clean it its just me vomiting I DON'T LIKE i do have anti-sickness tablets (prochlorperazine) and they help me if am feeling bad but i mainly put it down to my panic/anxiety attacks as they make you get that sickly feeling but i just PANIC am going to vimit which i haven't for years and really you can go all your life without even vomiting once!! i have tried everything seeing all kinds of people for this but hey its still here i think i need to learn to live with it just like i have to with my panic/anxiety attacks but if any1 has overcome this i would love to know how x x i no we can all get through this one day x x any help welcome please contact me on johnjohn8585@yahoo.com