PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm new!!!

twhitetina
08-01-10, 15:07
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this website I came across by accident and it seems to be exactly what need. Anyway I am thirty one married and have two children. I have had a panic disorder for almost nine years since I was twenty-two. I have health anxiety very bad. I have been on and off meds for nine years. I always try to get off and deal with my attacks head on and it's a struggle but I do it and most of the time never succeed. I started back on zoloft three days ago I hope it kicks in soon cause I am staring to let this disorder run my life again. Limiting me from doing things i love things as simple as going to the grocery store, ugh! I know everything there is to know about panic attacks and know what I need to do while having one but as some of you know , im sure, it's not that easy. It's like sub counciously the mind prohibits me during that intense moment and I lose all I know about panic in an instant and don't realize it until my attack is over and I say "It got me again" it was just a panic attack. Then I'm frustrated, tired and embarrassed. This disorder is so debilitating!!!!! IT scares me bad I know they say it can't hurt you but I feel like some days it may be what gets me. The other night I had a bad one and took my blood pressure and I have low blood pressure and it read 159/99 and pulse rate was 135 that scared me so bad I almost went to the ER thankfully I didn't cause once I calmed down all my vitals went back to normal. I made my aunt rush over in bad weather, talk about being embarrassed. I'm at my wits end I guess I am going to have to stay on meds the rest of my life to be even half normal. my doc gave me klonopin and I am scared to take it, does it help?

diane07
08-01-10, 15:09
Hi twhitetina

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

bottleblond
08-01-10, 15:12
Hi there

I'm so glad you found us!

You will get lots of support here!

Lovely to meet you
Lisa
x

twhitetina
08-01-10, 15:32
Thank you that's so sweet, I would love to talk to others who know what I am going through. A lot of people in my life don't understand. They think I am feeling sorry for myself and that's really not the case.

steven67
08-01-10, 16:19
:welcome:you find this site very helpfull,and all people on it .all i have say is come on here and not dr google .