PDA

View Full Version : cant control panic .

kirstielu
08-01-10, 16:57
i have had panic attacks on and off for about 5 yrs , i seemed to have got them in control but now they are back ! im not just getting an adrenilin rush ,mine seems to start in the stomach , i feel like my stomach muscles go really tight and it feels like air is being pushed up into my lungs and then i panic has anyone else experiance this ,its awful . I ha so fed up of feeling like this ,and its always at night when im relaxing .

kirstielu
08-01-10, 17:04
oh thank you never been on the chatroom thanks

Bill
12-01-10, 03:11
Never try to control a panic. Let it happen and learn a "I don't care" attitude towards them.

When you're "relaxing", learn HOW to relax by focusing on your muscles and relaxing each one in turn.

Panics only surface because of stress we're experiencing in our daily lives followed by a fear of those symptoms created by the panics.

Learn how to keep your muscles and breathing "relaxed" so that you can put the techniques into practise when you're feeling stressed OR sitting doing nothing because that's when our minds will start focusing on "feelings".

Remember also to keep your mind ouccupied with something "fun", "stimulating" or "complexed" to help you stop thinking about panics and the feelings they produce.

Panics will Only Keep surfacing because we won't ignore them.

Accept panics as just a symptom of too much stress and Forget them when they happen, and they'll forget you.:hugs:

Brunette
12-01-10, 08:47
Bill's right, let the panic come, then let it go. Fighting it increases your adrenaline and makes your body respond with more feelings of panic.

jackie13
12-01-10, 11:39
Too true, if you wait for it to happen it will.

You say that evenings are the worse, maybe it's because you are expecting it? I used to be the same, still are sometimes, I put it down to my CD in the brain "being stuck", just have to re-programme it onto another tune and hopefully that time of day will become a nice relaxing one for you.

The chatroom is great.

Good luck xx

kirstielu
12-01-10, 15:22
thanks guys this is all very useful advice will try that tonight ,funny thing is now my falling asleep attacks have stopped but my awake panic attacks have increased ,so maybe logic in what you all say ,thank you x