PDA

View Full Version : Chinese New Year

Bill
08-01-10, 18:47
I've found out that the Chinese New year begins on February 14 this year and that it's the year of the Metal Tiger.

I already knew I was born in the year of the tiger but I never realised I'm actually a water tiger! (I'm also an Aquarian.)

I'm just curious....what are others on here? If you don't know, it's easy to find out. Just search your year of birth on the Chinese calendar on the Net.

http://www.history.com/content/chinesenewyear/calendar

I'm also interested to hear from anyone who is into the Chinese animal traits for us to see if they tie up with our personalities and issues etc?:shrug::hugs:

sammi
08-01-10, 18:49
hi bill. im the hare (rabbit) x

KK77
08-01-10, 19:07
I'm a snake! Hmmm.

Veronica H
08-01-10, 19:10
:) I'm a pig!...would much rather be a Tiger. I am an Aquarian though.

Veronicax

ladybird64
08-01-10, 20:32
This is actually a wee bit difficult to work out though as the Cninese New Year can fall anywhere between mid Jan and mid Feb..unless you know exactly what date the New Year occured in your year of birth how will you know for sure what animal you are?

I was born on the 28th Jan 1964 so depending on when New Year actually fell, I'm either a rabbit or a dragon.

And the less said about that statement, the better!:D

Corinne
08-01-10, 21:16
How disheartening! I'm a pig!:weep:

Maj
09-01-10, 09:47
Thanks for this post Bill. I've always taken a great interest in the Chinese zodiac. I am an earth dog! I think the personality traits for the Chinese zodiac are spot on. I took a book about it into work one day and everyone found out what animal they were, it was funny and interesting. Everyone was amazed at how accurate it was!
Myra:hugs:

pollyanna
09-01-10, 10:16
I am a sheep. x

magpie girl
09-01-10, 15:28
well it says im a pig but i was born on 19th feb which would actually make me a dog :D:D:D:D i was born on the cusp of aquarius and pisces ,both signs are very loyal and loving just like the dog

Gazman
09-01-10, 17:02
i'm a tiger :D Rawwrr!!!

Oh and does that mean i'm a fire tiger as i'm a leo too?

Bill
10-01-10, 05:56
I found this site. It clarifies the dates better! More involved than I thought!

http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/newyeardays.htm

Ladybird:hugs:,

I think by my reckoning that makes you a cuddly rabbit! Have you got 2 big front teeth and floppy ears too? I won't ask you about your cottontail!:blush:

Alisonj
10-01-10, 07:13
fire dragon here

The Fire Dragon is a powerful force to be reckoned with. This is a Dragon doubled! The Fire Dragon can move from calm and collected to combustible in a matter of seconds. In some ways the Fire Dragon is his or her own worst enemy. These Dragons cannot help feeling they are valuable and all-knowing. When they are right their vehemence and vigor is an asset to the cause, and though they value objectivity, they do not always employ the best decision-making measures, and sometimes jump to the wrong conclusion. They also suffer from recklessness and quick tempers. Yet, when they do keep their temper, emotions, and rivaling spirit under control, they emanate a commanding influence on other people.

sounds pretty darn close!!