PDA

View Full Version : Results from Doc, why haven't I been diagnosed yet??

Ella_Jayne
08-01-10, 22:54
Hi,

I've been suffering with health anxiety for the past 5 months. It started when I had my first panic attack. I thought I was having a heart attack and was about to drop dead. Since then I've battled with palpitations when anxious and general anxiety symptoms.

On Wednesday I had the last of my tests results come back. The doc told me that my 24hour holter results were fine, my heart rate went up to 160 during that day but it was just due to exercise, he said it was in complete sinus rythem (he said thats good) and came down gradually. My echocardiogram was normal, no problems, my thyroid was fine, my resting ECG's were fine, my CBC blood test was fine. Everything fine.:D

Yet he still said he couldn't be 100% sure that it's anxiety/panic.:ohmy:
Although they are referring me to a anxiety/stress clinic and asked me to come back next month for a check up.:huh:

I mean, what other tests do they need to do in order to diagnose me with panic? They said everything seemed fine. I'm 21 with no family history of heart problems, don't drink or smoke. Why can't/won't they diagnose me wih panic/anxiety?? I'm worried now and don't know what to do.:weep:
The doc asked if I wanted Beta blockers but I said no. My palpitations don't really exist anymore.

Anyone have any ideas as to why they could be hesitating in my diagnosis?:huh:

Thanks

x

bellabessnjet
08-01-10, 23:09
It might be that there just covering their own backs. Unfortunately in this day and age of suing everyone, I think that our doctors are made to feel unsure of themselves, in order to protect themselves. I woul (try) to take comfort from the fact all your tests so far have come back clear, and at this moment it seems to be an anxiety issue. I know its easier said then done but try not to worry, I've had back pain for over 13 years (only 33yrs old) and all my tests came back clear, I started to feel like a hypocondriact (?) eventually (6+years) I was diagnosed with degenerative back disease, which basically means yes something wrong dont know what, and dont they dont know why! A doctor once told my mum, we are only human beings and we dont know everything. Just try to remember that theres nothing apparently seriously wrong with you, I hope this helps and you feel better soon. All the best.
angela