PDA

View Full Version : hello ( new at this)

rozzy057
09-01-10, 03:18
Hi, i am 21 years old, and i started having panic attacks since septemeber 08, so a year and a half. At the start i had no idea what it was , i was being sick, had upset stomach, and was finding it hard to breathe. I finally discovered what it was, and have been to see a therapist, who went through some difficult moments that have happened in the past, and went through specific breathing techniques and ways to block out the feelings and emotions linked with a certain memory. My trouble is, i get panic attacks when i feel like i am not in control, and it usually occours when i feel ill, and i panic over the stupidest thing, such as an upset stomach ( even thought i know its nothing) because i feel i have no control over what my body is doing. My lowest points where on my 21st birthday, where i had a complete break down and couldnt even eat. I literaly went for a week, just eating a banana a day, and a glass of water...and this was only because i was forced to. I also got to a stage where i refused to leave da house. I couldnt go to the cinema, or to my best friends! Since then however, things have become much better, i have found ways to cope, and find that slowing down and taking the time to breathe properly and slowly helps alot. I always have calming tablets, the rescue remedy spray, pain relief tablets, indigestion tablets and upset stomach tablets on me. This way i feel more in control if something is to happen to me.I find if do go places, that if i drive i feel better as i know i can leave any time i want to if neccessary.I have given up alcahol completely, and still cannot face going out on nights out.Strangely enough i find that now, the first thing i do is cry, i cant seem to stop the tears...and then after i have cried... i rarely get to the stage where i cannot breathe.
I am sooooo sick of this, and find it so fustrating, and most of the time think i am going completely insane, and i am soon to be put into a nut house!!! Seeing so many people having exactly the same problems as me is so comforting, as i know no one who suffers from panic attacks. I also feel that my family find it very hard to cope with me, which upsets me.
Anyways...sorry for waffeling on :)

diane07
09-01-10, 03:19
Hi rozzy057

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes