PDA

View Full Version : Hello eveyone

gaz1983
09-01-10, 12:37
Hi guys
Glad to join I was reading the forum last night whilst in a bout of particulary bad anxiety lol so thought the least I could do was sign up!

Am 26 male and have been suffering from anxiety attacks intermittenly since a doctor overprescribed me anti acne drugs when I was 19.

Cue 6 weeks of what could only be described as hell (severe anxiety and depression classic "double depression" that popped up literally overnight) that I managed to drag myself out of somehow fast forward 7 years I give up drinking for NYE and here I am again albeit slightly less severe but with more depression.

It feels weird re reading that but to be fair Ive managed to keep both symptoms under control up until now with a combination of exercise and positive thinking and I believe that a bout of heavy frequent drinking over xmas then quitting cold turkey is what has brought it back on and its not nice this time .

I am a qualified and experienced personal trainer and am extremely interested in all aspects of self improvment.

I have a wonderful supportive girlfriend and family who know I have been a little "despondant" lately but I would never dream of letting them know how I really feel they would worry too much so hopefully by joining this forum I can get talking to people as talking to people with similar experiences is a great help in my experience.

Look forward to meeting you all! :)

nomorepanic
09-01-10, 12:40
Hi gaz1983

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

clairabella
09-01-10, 13:27
hi gaz.....like you ive suffered from anxiety and panic attacks since i was 19 i also managed to keep them under control myself...fast forward 15 years and they came back with avengence...there much more intense feelings now and a lot different from when i was a teenager.......its been 3 months now and im making good progress i take it day by day and try to live in the present moment and by not focasing too far ahead.......im sure you will manage to get throu this difficult time, it can be hard for family and friends to understand how you are really feeling as you never really let on how bad it is.......positive thinking does help... i always replace a negitive feeling with a positive happy one and try to reassure myself that im going to be ok!!!!It takes time to feel better again... never put yourself under pressure take things slowly and you will see the results.........xx

gaz1983
09-01-10, 13:38
Thanks clairabella nice sig btw!

Yeah it feels different this time more serious almost but this is the exact way I felt last time its just the years have negated a lot of the more intense memories I feel.

For me exercise I know is the key as I DO NOT suffer from any kind of anxiety when in a prolonged excercise regieme. However exercising is the last thing you feel like doing when your in this state of mind lol talk about a vicous circle!