PDA

View Full Version : Hair Loss and Anxiety

Jellie
09-01-10, 16:04
Elo, i was wondering whether anyone else has had hair loss with their anxiety? My hair has been diffusly falling out since August now :-( It also fell out 2 years ago for 4 months, but this time is doesn't seem to want to stop eek! Am better at ignoring it this time but my hair is getting terribly thin and used to be incredibly thick.Are there any good supplements that are good to try and keep my hair from completely falling out? :wacko:

xx

Anxious_gal
09-01-10, 19:42
I'm 23 and my hair has gone from really thick to so thin, I'm lucky it's wavy but i cant straighten it anymore :-(
i take multivitamins and supplements in the hope it will help my hair.

meg86
11-01-10, 10:19
Hello :)

Yes i also suffered hair loss from anxiety i know how distressing it is! mine started falling out when i first developed anxiety two years ago, i had lovely long hair and it became incredibly thin, i do know alot of people whos hair "shreds" when they are stressed, i went to the doctor about it and he just gave me a blood test and didnt suggest anything.

After 3-4 months the shredding eventually stopped and my hair started to grow back, even after 2 years though its not like it was and i wear hair extensions.

I am glad that i have hair though and its stopped because at the time i thought i was going to be bald!!

Im not sure what you can do apart from taking a supplement for hair, its usually caused by stress and does stop after a few months so maybe if you try some relaxation techniques, take up Yoga or meditation or something, you will feel less stressed and the impact wont be as bad on your hair, also have a good cut so you wont feel as self concious about it.

Also it may be a idea and do what i did and buy some clip in hair extensions, you can get them on Ebay for around £25 a set, as they are clip in they wont ruin your hair and they look very realistic.

Take Care :) xx

Brunette
11-01-10, 11:22
Hi Jellie,

Yes I suffered from this for several months and started taking Perfectil. The hair loss stopped on its own (the condition is called Telogen Effluvium) but I have carried on taking the supplements.

Try not to make your hair loss one more thing to worry about. In the vast majority of cases it corrects itself over time. :)

B

meg86
11-01-10, 16:18
Hello Brunette

Just wondered if the supplement has made a big difference to your hair? i would love my hair to return to normal without wearing extensions all the time :)

thanks x

Brunette
12-01-10, 08:37
In all honesty I don't know Meg, I think the hair loss just ran its natural course.
Google "Perfectil reviews" though - lots of people do seem to swear by them.

My hair is ok now although there are lots of shorter hairs which are the new ones - they can make it difficult to get that "polished" look, even with straighteners. :)