PDA

View Full Version : Heyyy Everyone : )))))

Cherub
09-01-10, 20:45
Hii Everyone : ), i'm new here and thought i'd introduce myself : ))). I've suffered Anxiety since childhood but it was more a feeling of being scared then having symptoms. As i got older (i'm 26) the symptoms such as pains, palpitations etc have been a factor for a while. When i'm busy and my mind is occupied i can carry on as normal (whatever normal is lol), But when i have a few days where i'm not doing anything, just in the house to myself, my mind starts to wander. Ive had all kinds of palpitations for the past 6 years. I've always panicked about my heart. I'm quite a athletic person who likes the Gym and dancing, i'm vegetarian so i know that i do look after my health and i've recently cut out caffeen. I've been to loads of different doctors who all tell me it's my anxiety, but i still panic. I'm on tablets to calm me down and currently waiting to see a counsellor (it's been 6 months so far waiting). I'm trying to drink more Green Tea. Lately ive had quite allot of 'missed beats', i had a family arguement over the holidays and it's really gotten me down, i haven't been able to sleep properly all week and my mind has been running crazy with thoughts about dying and hospitals. I try to shut it off and relax but when i try and sit down and watch tv a missed beat will happen and the worry will start all over again. Sorry to have drowned on but i thought i'd just be honest and share how i feel with you all, many thanks for reading : )))

diane07
09-01-10, 20:46
Hi Cherub

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

bottleblond
09-01-10, 20:50
Hi Cherub

Welcome long to NMP! :)

You will get lots of support and advice here!

Nice to meet you.

Lisa
x

clairity
10-01-10, 09:57
hi. im also a 26 year old veggie who is having problems with anxieity and linked depression. usually im quite a healthy eater but due to recent occurences in my life ive been on a downward spiral and have done nothing but eat rubbish foods and gained weight which is making everything worse. what kind of tablets are you taking just out of interest?? xx