PDA

View Full Version : hi..

Fee
09-01-10, 21:22
..My name is Ffion and i suffer from frequent Panic Attacks. I am almost 17 and its starting to take over my life. I only ever have panic attacks about Dying. I am Terrified of Dying myself and i am scared of losing people i Love. I don't believe in god so believe when you are gone thats it forever and that scares me so much I can't not Panic. It is now at the point where i can't even think, talk or watch programmes that involve death because i have a panic attack for at least 1/2 an hour. I don't want to tell anyone and don't know what to do :( Thanks for reading this and if you have any advice that would be really really appreciated :) thanks Fee x

diane07
09-01-10, 21:24
Hi Fee

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

KK77
09-01-10, 21:47
Hello Fee

I think it's normal to have a fear of death/losing loved ones and if we dwell on it then it can cause anxious feelings. It's just that in your case it's become a phobia and perhaps it can even be classed as OCD-type behavior.

Are you getting any treatment for your anxiety because that can help enormously?

Welcome to NMP

Fee
09-01-10, 21:54
Thanks for the advice :) I haven't considered medical treatment to be honest because well I've never been to the doctors on my own and I haven't even told my mum yet because i think she will think I'm just being silly but I never knew you could get medical treatment.

KK77
09-01-10, 22:13
Make an appointment with your GP and explain how you feel. There's nothing silly about having anxiety disorders and if you catch it early and treat it then you have a very good chance of recovery.

If you don't feel comfortable telling your mum then you can go alone but it would probably be best if you went with someone because of your age.

Try talking to your mum though - I know it's hard and you may get upset but it'll make her understand that you really do have a problem with this.

Yes, there are talking therapies available depending on what your GP thinks is suitable for you.

Take care

Fee
10-01-10, 10:50
Thanks :) I will tell my mum next time I can and I will see a doctor. Thanks for all the advice it will help so much :D Thank You x