PDA

View Full Version : clonazepam

twhitetina
09-01-10, 21:30
anyone take clonazepam. I have just got prescribed and am scared to take it.

KK77
09-01-10, 21:33
Pretty strong med. It's not prescribed very often here in the UK. What dose you been given? 1mg?

twhitetina
09-01-10, 22:13
yup, 1mg. I would not dare take that I had xanax and I was scared to take that but had to a couple times and it helped but only took half. But I quit drinking and my doc was worried cause xanax is very addictive so he prescribed me the kloipin aka clonazapam.

KK77
09-01-10, 22:28
If you mentioned "Xanax" over here the doctor would s*** themselves! I've not heard of anyone being given that here but I have heard of clonazepam. Doctors seem to stick to diazepam here though. Funny the different trends...

Anyhow, they all do the same thing and I hope it helps you.

twhitetina
09-01-10, 22:51
me too if I ever get the balls to try them(lol).

Jilly10
15-01-10, 13:51
I sometimes take 0.5mg or even 1mg if I'm anxious and can't sleep. It works. If it is a short term problem you are trying to get over, then I would take it. Of course it's scary at first, but once you take it you will see that it's something that will help you not harm you! go for it!

Alabasterlyn
15-01-10, 14:10
I've never taken Clonazepam/Klonopin myself but over the years I have spoken to hundreds of people in the USA and Canada that take it. I think 0.5mg is about the same as 10mg of Valium/Diazepam.

KK77
15-01-10, 14:30
I've never taken Clonazepam/Klonopin myself but over the years I have spoken to hundreds of people in the USA and Canada that take it. I think 0.5mg is about the same as 10mg of Valium/Diazepam.

Yes, it's potent stuff compared to diazepam and apparently the most abused benzo in the US after Xanax. I think it's a good solution for short-term severe anxiety but one GPs here seem to avoid.

daybyday
12-06-10, 20:51
I know its potent stuff. But SSRIs make me sick.
I am on just a tad over 0.25mg a day now for 10 months by the psychiatrist. She says it is low and don't worry, though I do. It helps the anxiety enough to take the edge off, yet I still feel the anxiety enough to face it, to deal with it. And it calms the racing heart which was there a lot.

licquyd
23-05-11, 12:41
I've taken 2mg 3 times a day for about 3 years....OMG it helps soooooo much for panic and anxiety

lonely
24-06-11, 22:00
i was prescribed this by a psychiatrist after go refused to prescribe me more diazepam, wonder why then i coul dhave this instead

debera
25-06-11, 01:00
hi i take clonazapam when needed. i find it really helps with anxiety and panic. i find no side effects at all maybe a bit tired but thats all
debera

HymnSpace
22-08-13, 00:08
I was prescribed it years ago from a neurologist as I have bad night twitches that kept my partner awake at night. I have been on them for years and hate them. I want to get off them so badly but the withdrawal is really bad and even if I cut down slowly the twitching returns. How long can I stay on these things for? Surely it cant be doing me much good. I have been on them for about 5 years.

yenool
22-08-13, 15:23
I was prescribed it years ago from a neurologist as I have bad night twitches that kept my partner awake at night. I have been on them for years and hate them. I want to get off them so badly but the withdrawal is really bad and even if I cut down slowly the twitching returns. How long can I stay on these things for? Surely it cant be doing me much good. I have been on them for about 5 years.

People can end up on them for years... decades... permanently really.... people prescribed them for anxiety reasons get both physically and mentally dependent on them. Withdrawal has to be done slowly due to the dangerous side effects that can occur if stopped suddenly.

Although to me, what you describe sounds like a return of the original problem once you cut the dose back, rather than a withdrawal syndrome. It might be that you need a long term medication to control the twitching?