PDA

View Full Version : WeeLassie is new here and says hi :)

WeeLassie
10-01-10, 23:58
Hello,

I'm new here so thought I'd introduce myself. Loving friends and family provide great support, but it's sometimes nice to speak to people who have been there. :hugs:

I've battled eating and anxiety disorders for most of my life and I'm currently trying to come off citalopram (cold turkey...) I'm usually fine for the first month, but then my withdrawal symptoms are awful. This is the point where my family and friends usually say "go back on your pills"...but I'm tired of giving in. Why can't my brain fight this?! I try to tell myself I'm just imagining it...but eventually I can't cope.

Does anyone know where I can just buy a new mind?! Heehee.

Best wishes to everyone for 2010,
WeeLassie xx

diane07
10-01-10, 23:59
Hi WeeLassie

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Going home
11-01-10, 00:02
Hello Weelassie and welcome...not sure here is the right place for a new mind swop though :D but at least we understand what you're going through.

Just a thought on the 'cold turkey' with the meds...can you not come off them gradually? might make you feel better then just giving them up all at once.

Anyway best wishes
GH xx