PDA

View Full Version : A very bad day

tashbarnes87
11-01-10, 12:25
Hi all, me again im sorry to post but i need some advice. About 4 months ago i developed a twitch in my left leg knee, every time i went from sitting to standing or when i put pressure on the leg it would twitch intensly. It was a subtle twitch felt more like a buzzing. It lasted 8 days and you may remember me going nuts about it as i was terrified as my normal twitchs last seconds & are random. so to my horror i woke up this morning & felt that tight feeling in my knee & in exactly the same place it is twitching again every time i walk or bend my knee. I have been lying around a lot in the past week & a half as i have bad morning sickness. I am beside myself allready & this was the one thing i prayed never returned as it messed with my head so so much. :( why has it returned to the same spot & why is it when the muscle has been used I know thats a bad sign :( x

joyce1980
11-01-10, 12:45
Muscles that vibrate, jitter, tremor, or shake when they are used.
Muscles that vibrate, jitter, tremor, or shake when they are used:

Muscles vibrate, jitter, tremor, or shake when they are used. Some people experience this symptom when they raise a limb, and others experience this symptom when they lower a limb. It can affect one muscle or group of muscles, many muscles, or all muscles.

This symptom can occur only once and a while, or persistently. All combinations are common.

NOTE: There are direct physiological and psychological reasons why anxiety symptoms occur. The members area contains detailed information about common anxiety symptoms including what they are, why they occur, and what you can do to eliminate them. It includes the anxiety symptoms muscles vibrating when used

Anxiety symptoms - Muscle Twitching
Muscle Twitching:

A certain muscle, group, or groups of muscles twitch (jerk) involuntarily. Even if you try and relax the muscle or group of muscles the twitching continues.

It may involve one particular muscle or group of muscles, or may randomly shift from one group to another. It may also include several different muscles or groups of muscles at one time.

The twitching may appear for a few brief moments, last for minutes or hours, or persist for days and even weeks off and on. It may also persist even when trying to go to sleep, when asleep, or when waking up.

NOTE: There are direct physiological and psychological reasons why anxiety symptoms occur. The members area contains detailed information about common anxiety symptoms including what they are, why they occur, and what you can do to eliminate them. It includes the anxiety symptoms muscle twitching.

tashbarnes87
11-01-10, 20:14
thanks joyce x

rebeccad
11-01-10, 20:29
Hi Tash sorry more people havnt replied, not sure i can be much help but i feel for you when not many people reply, ive deleted a thread today because of the same reason lol. Well you say you have had it before and it went and im sure it will go again. Maybe you have trapped a nerve or something and its trying to free itself? If it went before then 100% it will go again just rest. Have you mentioned it to the doc? It really put my mind at rest when i visited the docs although it caused me so much anxiety leading up to the appointment but after he did the reflexes test i did fee a little better, maybe you should just book yourself an appointment. Also im sure ive mentioned it before but when i had my eye twitch i had it for months on end and it was only activated by when i blinked but it dissapeared when i just forgot about it.
take care xx