PDA

View Full Version : Weak hands, wrists, legs, falling sensation, light-headed

Gareth
11-01-10, 13:03
Hi there,

I thought I was doing better... but a REALLY bad one today. I'm on 10mg Citalopram which I seem to find has been a low-level dose for taking the edge off the worst of the anxiety since it came back for its second visit in December.

But my symptoms today are really terrifying, and out of the blue as I'm just NOT ANXIOUS. Today is the first day I've thought about going to A&E, and that's just crazy.

Weakness in hands and wrists (trying to type and move mouse at my desk at work is really hard work), weakness in legs (feel like I'm going to topple when I walk, putting one leg in front of the other is hard work), dizziness (feeling of nausea in my head is the best way I can describe it, unable to concentrate on anything other than the strange feeling in my head), funny watery eyes with pressure behind eyes, numbness in face and arms and legs... difficulty focusing with my eyes on things without real effort... I could go on.

What does this sound like? I mean, I can still function, I'm still at work, but I had to go outside into the cold for a while to try to calm myself down. I have to walk around to prove to myself that I can... Can anyone relate to these feelings?

Thanks,
Gareth

gypsywomen
11-01-10, 13:26
it sounds like health anxiety ,, the brain is a powerful thing it makes us think we have bad halth when we dont ,,if i was yo i would have a word ith docter you may have a virus infection

mom1982
12-01-10, 23:53
Watery eyes & pressure behind the eyes are symptoms of sinus infection. (Which can also be "caused" by anxiety).

The rest of your symptoms sound like anxiety symptoms. The sinus can be eased by over the counter drugs. You don't need to go to the A&E for these symptoms but having said that, the horrid sore throat & yellow phelgm i had last week is back today & now my chest hurts when i cough. AND i keep thinking it's serious & a symptom of something serious & i've made an appt with my GP for Thursday.