PDA

View Full Version : just joined

thunderduck
11-01-10, 13:33
Hi All,
I was so glad to find this site and realise that I am not on my own with this:). I started having panic attacks after having my first child and I think since then it has developed into health anxiety. I am in my 30's and married I work part time too. When first diagnosed with anxiety I had Ad's for a year and attended psychologist for CBT . This proved successful with regard to the panic attacks and I can keep a lid on it now I dont get a full blown panic attack now which is good, but it seems to manifest itself in me constantly worrying about being ill. My family are all supprtive but TBH I think they must be sick of hearing me droning on about what might be wrong with me or if I get a cold what it might develop into :weep:.
I have been a bit stressed of late and have been back to GP and asked for a referral for counselling again, I havent told my family as I dont want them tip toeing around me I just want them to treat me as normal and not try to hide things incase I get upset, which they tend to do.
I love my kids so much it hurts, I enjoy a good night out, love shopping and love holidays.
Thunderduck x
(sorry a bit of a ramble)

nomorepanic
11-01-10, 13:34
Hi thunderduck

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

gypsywomen
11-01-10, 13:41
you will get lot of support on this site

pollyanna
11-01-10, 14:18
hi thunderduck and :welcome:

you will be able to relate to a lot of people here.
This is one of the best sites i have found, its a proper little community, and is very welcoming.
looking forward to speaking with you again.

tc

P x :flowers: