PDA

View Full Version : sudafed and thumping heart

claire m
11-01-10, 16:28
i have a sinus infection and im taking antibiotics for it ive been taking sudafed for it all weekend and i think its making my heart race every now and again its making my heart go thud thud thud and it is really scaring me I feel like its not going to stop and im going to pass out.
I have a big issue with my chest and anxiety and this is really making it bad.:weep:.
I dont know what to do should i call my doctor? If you have read any of my older posts you will know my doc is a bit fed up of me and my chest anxiety.:huh:

gypsywomen
11-01-10, 16:31
sudafed is not good for everyone did chemist say ok to mx with your other meds

ladybird64
11-01-10, 16:59
I agree with Gypsy on this Claire.

Sudafed will help clear your sinuses but has pseudoephedrine as a main ingredient, not a good think to take when you suffer from anxiety.

Lu
11-01-10, 17:06
Hi Claire, just wanted to say i had this reaction to mucron (similar stuff to sudafed), it was really frightening, my Gp said that this sometimes happens, i think it's the pseudoephedrine in them can cause this side effect.
Maybe you could speak to your pharmacist if you don't want to speak to your doctor. My Gp recommended i take Pulsatilla a homoeopathic remedy to help my sinuses instead.
I hope you feel better soon x

Midnight
11-01-10, 18:04
Hi Claire,

As others have mentioned these kinds of medicines do not mix well with anxiety! Although it's uncomfortable, maybe let your sinuses clear on their own? You will just exhaust yourself worrying about your chest and it will take your infection longer to clear.

Corinne
11-01-10, 18:28
I cannot take Sudafed or any drug like it. It can raise blood pressure and cause the heart to race. That's what happened to me when I took it. Don't take anymore and drink lots of water to wash it out of your system.

Do you have the OTC med called Coricidin where you live? I'm not sure if I spelled that right, but it has a heart on the front of the box. It won't raise blood pressure or make your heart race. It's a good substitute for a decongestant.

You'll be fine. It will get out of your system and you'll be back to normal!

Anxious_gal
11-01-10, 18:30
try a nose spray, i used the sudafed one, have no problems with it.
it does the same thing too, but might be easier on your body.