PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazipine - rapid weight gain

jb2112
11-01-10, 18:06
I've been taking 45mg for 7 weeks and I feel better! However, I have put on over a stone in weight - and yet haven't eaten any more than normal - if anything I've eaten less as the meds seem to have reduced my appetite!

Apart from exercising a lot more is there any special dietary areas I should be looking at???

thanks
J

smudger
11-01-10, 19:49
Ive been on 15mg for over 30 days and Im eating all bad foods.I know the answer is plenty of fresh fruit n veg, lean meats, fibre, low fat and low sugar and exercise. Im managing the last bit but my appetite is gigantic. Hope things even out soon coz Ill explode!Good luck to you. Do you feel angry n irritated on this drug?

Going home
11-01-10, 20:10
Propranolol has done this to me too. Apparently its because betablockers stimulate the pancreas to produce more insulin, so practically everything I eat is turned into sugar! Perhaps this can also happen with other meds?

GH :)

smudger
11-01-10, 20:12
Wow thats interesting GH. Can anything be done to counteract this?

greengrass
27-01-10, 21:07
I have been put on a weight management courses via my GP and I am following the British Heart Foundation portions for healthy eating. Visit British Heart Foundation web site for further information. I did not put any weight on over Christmas. I am on 45mg of Mirtazpine and 40mg of Citalapram a day.