PDA

View Full Version : Impacted wisdom teeth

Joeturner2
11-01-10, 23:15
Hey guys just wondered if anyone knows wat symptoms impacted wisdom teeth can cause, i have 4 impacted :(

nomorepanic
12-01-10, 00:04
Have you seen the dentist and asked him?

MusicNotes
12-01-10, 08:15
Hi,
Yes you should definately go to your dentist as he can give you something to ease symptoms a bit. I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth, they can cause headaches, jaw ache and tension, tooth ache, and somewhat strangely flu like symptoms. Thats all from the swelling around the area, and antibiotics can help that.

If they are all impacted you might be better having them taken out (I did!) but your dentist can advise more :)

xx

Jill-Louise
12-01-10, 08:21
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out as they were impacted. It can be very painful but the advice that MusicNotes and Admin said...go to the dentist is the best ! Hope you get it sorted....:)

Alisonj
12-01-10, 16:50
I have had three impacted wisdom teeth for 10 years now. I am getting them out finally Feb 9th. They cause pain and headaches occasionally and then once in awhile because they are through but there isnt enough room so the gum splits up and things get trapped under it, it will get red and swollen and I have to take antibiotics

suzy-sue
12-01-10, 21:43
Mine used to make my gums swell up so bad I could hardly open my mouth .The pain was terrible ,I had antibiotics and it helped to reduce the symptoms .I had them out because it kept happening too often .Your dentist will be able to tell whether it will settle down eventually ,or If there isnt enough room ,and exraction would be better for you . Hope you feel better soon luv Sue x:hugs:

Cat80
13-01-10, 11:39
My sister is having an MRI today for this very problem as her wisdom teeth aren't coming through. She gets daily headaches, gum pain, toothache etc and it's not nice.

Jenny-Lizzy
18-01-10, 19:14
I had all four wisdom teeth impacted as well. I was put under and had all four taken out together. Nothing to be concerned about but go to your dentist and get referred.

Carys
18-01-10, 19:30
All 4 wisdom teeth of mine used to be impacted, for many years, and then they kind of 'came out' of the gum over time. It was easier when they were fully covered as I had no pain, no symptoms of anything at all ! Now and again I get an infection down the side of the gum, which if the truth be told, can be agony.