PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my throat....

LADennis
12-01-10, 01:00
About a week ago I started having this feeling that I had a pill or something in my throat. I have no problems swallowing, drinking or eating. I just notice it when I swallow normally. In the past couple of days it seems to come and go. I have looked down my throat as much as I can, nothing to be seen. It can't be acid reflux because I have taken Nexium for 4 years and don't have any problem with heartburn or indigestion. Of course I am worried about throat cancer, esophogeal cancer, etc. I am going to go to the doctor but I am just so anxious about it I can hardly stand it. It's on my mind constantly. I have no other symptoms of cancer other than the feeling in my throat so why am I letting this rule my life?? I know that I have GAD and Health Anxiety so it seems I would be able to tell myself to calm down. Also, I messed up last week and saw "Dr. Google" of course "he" only returns worse case results which makes it worse. I made a pact with myself a few days ago NOT to google anymore symptoms because it is just not healthy for me. So far I am doing pretty good with that. I just wish this throat feeling would go away so I could stop thinking about it...Any ideas as to what this could be? I need some positive advice, please..thank you :)

Cell block H fan
12-01-10, 04:40
Sure its not a Globus? Caused by stress.
Sounds a bit like one where you say about no problem swallowing food, but you feel the sensation when just swallowing normally. That rung a bell from when I had it. And I worried about it being something serious & it made it worse really.
If it is that, you might get it a couple of times, but by then you'll know what it is & it probably wont trouble you again!
let us know how you get on at the docs. x

LADennis
12-01-10, 22:02
Update on my throat- went to doctor today finally...he did xray and then called for a CT scan scared the living daylights out of me. Of course, I thought I had cancer. My poor doctor even tried to tell me he thought it was just some kind of infection or abcess but had to be sure. I was hearing him. Anywho, CT scan came back and indeed I have an infection in my right tonsil pressing on lymph gland and that is why I felt like something was in my throat. Whew, now I can rest easy. However, I worked myself up into a full blow anxiety attack over it. Just wanted to update you all.

k9love
12-01-10, 22:18
Update on my throat- went to doctor today finally...he did xray and then called for a CT scan scared the living daylights out of me. Of course, I thought I had cancer. My poor doctor even tried to tell me he thought it was just some kind of infection or abcess but had to be sure. I was hearing him. Anywho, CT scan came back and indeed I have an infection in my right tonsil pressing on lymph gland and that is why I felt like something was in my throat. Whew, now I can rest easy. However, I worked myself up into a full blow anxiety attack over it. Just wanted to update you all.
Glad you got sorted and it wasnt what you feared.
Wish I could get my throat sorted! had my sore throat for 10mths now, still waiting for endoscomy!
It scares me to death!

LADennis
12-01-10, 23:04
When are you scheduled to have it and why is it taking so long???? Try not to worry but I, of all people, know that is easier said than done. More than likely it will be fine. A nurse told me today that 95% of the time when we have to have these tests everything turns out fine. I heldfast to that today. Good luck and keep us posted....

ame
13-01-10, 00:41
hi LaDennis
i know something about that throat uncomford.. i have had it last year for about a month . i have been to my GP becouse i thought it might be a throat infection or cancer ( even that i don't smoke) nothing was able to help me i was having pain, numbness etc.
it has gone after a long few weeks when i gone for a holiday.. today i don't have any throat pains and uncomfort, but instead of that i have many other pains in my body .. it is such a horrible feeling :(

take care of yourself

LADennis
13-01-10, 16:02
Yes Ame I totally understand your feeling once we get one "illness" under control something else pops up. It is horrible.