PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out

lillylou17
12-01-10, 08:00
Hi all, i have suffer with what my dr calls sebaceous cysts and he has told me that if i have the type of skin that produces them then i will find i will get them all the time.
I have 4 in one leg, and about 4 in my arm and also one in my tummy, they vary in size, they have not disappeared over the months so looks like i am stuck with them.
My partner has been working away now for the last week, and now i have found another 3 lumps in my other leg, of course i am freaking out completely my rational mind tells me that they feel the same as all the other lumps i have, but the other side is telling me i must have cancer, with all these lumps one of them has to be something terrible.
I have booked an appointment with the dr but it is not till friday, and i am still unsure as to when my partner will be back, so i am freaking out on my own.
I have had to cover myself in plasters to try and stop myself poking and prodding, because now i have obviously bruised myself quite badly, and now the lumps feel really hard and alot larger than they were before i started poking.
Just when you get over one thing something else comes along to drag you back to that horrible place.

gypsywomen
12-01-10, 08:25
please dont poke tem al wuldnt recomend covering them with plaster it will draw them have you told the docter you have more

lillylou17
12-01-10, 09:03
I am going back to docs on friday, they are not the sort of cysts that are on the surface they are under the skin and they dont disappear over time either they stay with me which i hate.
I just feel that every time i wash myself etc i seem to find another one is worrying me so badly, and to make things worse i am all on my own.
:weep:

gypsywomen
12-01-10, 09:34
my husband gets them hey can pop up anywhere hard lumps dcter told him nothing to worry about there just lumps of grizzle ..good your going ack to docter

Jo3016
12-01-10, 10:21
Hi

I have these on my thighs. I have 4 on 1 leg and a couple on the other. They have come up gradually overt he space of about 8 years and sometimes they go down but mostly they stay. The doctor says they are sebaceous cysts. I also have one on my chin which I have had for about 20 years.

I know that it is hard not to worry about lumps. I have a couple of breast lumps which came up over night a few weeks ago. I have spoken to lots of people including a friend who is a doctor and my own gp. My doctor says she is almost definite that they are blocked milk ducts but I am having an ultrasound in the next week to check. I have lot of reasons for this to be nothing sinister but I still worry. It is in our nature as health anxiety sufferers.

You are right to get them checked out but please try not to worry too much.

Sending :hugs:

lillylou17
12-01-10, 16:02
Thank you so much for replying this site is like a god send when my anxiety is at a high.
I am trying so hard not to prod and poke them, i think i have a touch of ocd as well because it is like if i prod and poke i will be able to put my mind at rest, but it never does i tell myself just one more time then it will be another time and another till i am just covered in bruises and extremely sore the dr could not believe what i had done to myself last time.
Hopefully everything will be ok on friday, but i know within a few days i will be worrying about something else.
:wacko: