PDA

View Full Version : It's a LONG story....!

Saffycat
12-01-10, 13:11
Hi everyone,

Just introducing myself. I'm a 36 yr old married mum of 3 boys. I suffer from anxiety - i would say mainly health anxiety. My GP say i have depression although i don't feel what i would think to be 'depressed' however i understand it can manifest itself as anxiety.
I can pinpoint when the health anxiety 'seed' was planted. Although i have always been quite a nervous & anxious person anyway. In 1999 my sis-in-law had a major heart attack at the age of 34 (so...it was omg thats so young, that could be me!). Then when i was 9 mths pregnant in 2003 my closest cousin collapsed & died of a brain haemorrage at age 45 (again oh no..it could be me)
The tip of the iceberg was in 2007 when at 22 weeks pregnant i found out the baby had died...after ppl telling me not 2 worry when i couldn't feel him moving, so...there was my proof!! These terible things DO happen to me!
I was prescribed ad's end of 2007..took one then in the night had one huge PA after another..so that was the end of that!..not good for someone with health anxiety!
Anyway, i will be back on..i have 2 go back 2 work now! (I work PT at school)..sorry to go on..theres SO much more, but look forward to having a chat sometime.
:winks:

nomorepanic
12-01-10, 13:13
Hi Saffycat

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

gypsywomen
12-01-10, 13:16
you sound like you have had it hard but came through it ,, but looks like its left you a very axious person ,, have you been to the docter for meds

ZoJo
12-01-10, 13:24
Hi Saffycat!

I also suffer with health anxiety and panic attacks - thankfully the panic attacks are now a thing of the past (touch wood!)
You have been through some tough times, hope to chat soon and good luck with going back to work :)

rozzy057
12-01-10, 16:37
Hi, i know how you feel, i also suffer from roughly the same thing. Have always been scared of hospitals, but had never had to go to 1, and last year in the space of 1 month, i was admitted twice. Now everytime i get any symptom of any kind, from upset tummy...to sickness...i panic, and imagine the worst... . So a little stomach pain ...somehow makes me think i am going to be carted off in an ambulance in a few hours..! I am slowly getting better, just by KNOWING that im doing this to myself, and telling myself that im not ill, and its all in my mind! Its not easy to do though, and it makes me feel even crazier when i know that im feeling ill, because my mind is making me feel ill :(

Saffycat
12-01-10, 17:51
Thanks everyone.

Yeh it's so hard sometimes as i AM such a rational person most times so it just so frustrating feeling like this.
My GP wants me to go & see her about it & maybe look at medication again but they never seem to mention any other kind of treatment such as CBT. I will go back prob next month with hubby (he's brilliant with me btw) and talk things through. I am just really worried about taking meds as i had such an extreme reaction last time (i only managed to take one..it scared the life out of me!) Also i know they can make you feel worse at first & more sleepy which is no help to me when i have 3 young boys to look after & get to school in the mornings & also a part time job. My hubby does what he can but obviously he has to work too so can only do so much. Also if i end up trying med again i want some other treatment with it like CBT as i don't want to be back at square one when i come off them...the anxiety will still be there!
I think i should prob post this under another subject?!
Anyway i'm gonna have a little browse on here now...bye!