PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please talk me down - Blood clot

Ella_Jayne
12-01-10, 18:33
Lately I keep thinking I've got a blood clot somewhere and it will spread to my lung and kill me instantly. I'm 21, and I'm sick of being in fear. At the moment my throat and chest feel heavy, I feel a bit dizzy too. I'm really scared at the moment, I think the 'clot' is in my lung and about to kill me.

Can someone please tell me how stupid I am? Or try and convince me that I don't have it. I don't have DVT or swelling anywhere but somehow think I still have clots... HELP!

:weep:

sammi
12-01-10, 18:39
i dont think you have a clot hun. for a start you would no if you had dvt. Anyway if this is the case and you are very worried you could go to your doctors for a simple blood test which would show a clot but i really dont think you need to im sure you will be fine!

Ella_Jayne
12-01-10, 18:41
I had a blood test a couple of weeks ago. Everything came back fine, but I keep thinking that I have developed one since. Can you have a clot on your lung without having DVT anywhere else?

Saffycat
12-01-10, 18:52
Hi there,
I can't answer that question but is there a reason why you think you have a clot? Has something happened to someone you know or have you read something? I know it prob starts from something like that. The tight chest & dizziness are the symptoms of your anxiety. Maybe you need to read through the Health anxiety page, even if you've read it before it might help you calm down and rationalise things for you..even for a while, thats i've tended to do.
I do understand how you feel though honestly but it's hard isn't it?
Take care x

sammi
12-01-10, 18:53
im not to sure hun do you have chest pain because when i went to hospital with chest pain they did an ecg which was fine they said if its not your heart the only other serious explanation would be a clot in your lung they said i was too young and it was very unlikely but give a clotting test to put my mind at rest plus i had bruises on my legs aswel which made me think dvt but it came back fine hun so if im too young and im 22 im sure you will be fine. try not to worry easier said than done but i think if u had a clot in your lung you would probably no about it and plus u had a test not long ago so u av to think how likely it is that a clot would of developed in that space of time. i dont think its very likely. but i no how u feel with the constant worry i have this over my heart and iv had tests and everything was ok but i still worry. xx

Cell block H fan
12-01-10, 18:54
You are absolutely fine & have maaaaany good years ahead of you yet hun.
I had a pain in my leg earlier, & being a worrier of the health rubbish, it crossed my mind about blood clots. But its irrational thinking. You're loads younger than me, so its easy for me to say I guess, on the outside. But I do remember being worse with the HA at your age, it sometimes does get 'better' as you get older. This is what I have found anyway. The more worries you have, & the more you get over it only to be fooled by the next one, it soon registers that it might just be your own mind playing a big part after a while. Dont go thinking you're dying for the next 20 yrs, because to really think you're dying is like dying over about a thousand times! Not a way to live x

hopeless
12-01-10, 18:55
Elle jayne

What has made you think that you have a blood clot?? If you have had blood tests and they are clear then i am sure that you are fine. Your feelings of anxiety are probably making you imagine that you have symptoms that are not really there..

Ella_Jayne
12-01-10, 19:07
Thanks for the replies. I keep thinking I have clots because I feel dizzy a lot of the time and have a feeling of tightness in my chest/throat and sometimes shortness of breath. I was told my heart was fine after many tests so I guess my anxiety had led me to my new fixation... Blood clots!

I just can't (maybe won't) believe that anxiety can cause this horrible tightness in my chest and dizziness. To me, there has to be an alternative solution, especially considering I'm only 21. And at the moment I believe it's clots.

I can't think rationally about it, I always think that even though I don't have DVT that I'll be 'the one' that will get it anyway and drop dead. I know, completely irrational but sadly true.

pink17
12-01-10, 19:30
You would know about it now if you had a blood clot,i have had one,if you had a blood test that came back ok then you have to believe it x

Ella_Jayne
12-01-10, 19:34
pink17 did you have a clot on your lung? What kind of symptoms did you have? Were they severe?

scorpionwhispers
12-01-10, 19:34
I posted something like this just yesterday. Clots are my fixation too. I have been panicking on and off about them for about 7 years.

I worry in particular about sudden death. Calm down and do something to distract yourself. x

pink17
12-01-10, 19:41
it was im my groin the worst place you can have it in your leg,was very large i was in a bad way was in hospital,please believe the results of your blood tests it would have been picked up if you had got one x

Ella_Jayne
12-01-10, 21:47
^ Sounds painful.:ohmy:

It seems to be one thing or another with me and it's always between my heart and my lungs... Can't convince myself it's anxiety/panic, there is something telling me it's an underlying medical issue. I suppose if it was a clot I would be in severe pain?... I just need to try and overcome the constant dizziness and vertigo feeling, how I'm going to do that, I really don't know.

B-gal
12-01-10, 22:01
I panic sometimes about blood clots, and once had a bad pain in my leg for a few days and went to the doctor. He said the chances of me getting a blood clot at 23yrs old were highly unlikely, all tests were also clear. As for the chest thing, I first experienced the same thing you are about 2 months ago, it was a horrible tight crushing sensation all across my chest and back for about a week. But it was just anxiety. As soon as I realised that it was anxiety it went away. Dont worry just relax, you dont have a blood clot xxx