PDA

View Full Version : Is this You?

Bill
12-01-10, 19:41
One day you're going about doing your usual things, going to work, going shopping, taking the kids to and from school, doing the housework, cooking, cleaning etc then one day you pop in a shop as you've down countless times before and suddenly start coming over giddy with a feling like you can't breathe, sweating, a sensation like you're going to pass out, and you start to panic what's wrong with you.

You dash out the shop as fast as possible, still shaking wondering what the hell is wrong with you because you feel so ill. You feel so ill that you think you really must be ill so you decide to visit the doctor who then tells you it was a panic attack and offers you meds which you think must be the cure.

That evening you think to yourself it's a good time to sit back and try to relax but as you lay there your heart starts pounding which triggers more frightening thoughts about your health.

That night you have a restless night having nightmares about being chased but you can't seem to escape. You wake in a sweat with terrifying feelings all over your body.

The next day you wake up unusually anxious. You break into a sweat but you don't know why but eventually you get up because you know you have to go to work and have too many jobs around the house and a family who relies on you.

The journey to work is very stressful though and many a ime you feel so panicky that you just want to turn around and go home again. Eventually though you arrive at work and the symptoms ease for a while as you get engrossed into your work.

The day though has been very stressful and you know you have to go back to the shop where you felt so ill the day before. You get to the shop door and you feel absolutely terrified that you're going to experience the same terrifying sensations you felt the day before.

You ented the shop in a trembling state and before you know it, wham! the sensations hit you like hitting a brick wall. Yo end up running out the shop as quickly as you can and when you get home you feel So depressed that the feelings won't stop and Such a failure for not being able to do what you used to do before without thinking.

Just as the previous night, you have a terrible nights sleep and the next morning you feel very shakey. This time though you simply can't face going into work so you ring in sick.

You stay in all day too terrified to go out, feeling too ill when you try relaxing and too trembly all day.

After a third bad night, the next morning once again you can't face going into work but instead of getting up you lay in bed All day because you feel too terrified to even move.

From going to work and doing all the jobs around the house, you have become housebound and an agoraphobic with even getting out of bed an extreme effotrt.

How did you slip so far and how do you get back to how you were when even the meds can't seem to cure you?

Let's go back to the beginning...

You were under alot of stress at work and at home. Too many things to do. Too little support to help you cope. Without realising it the stress became too much and your mind was telling you that you'd reached your limit when you had the first panic attack.

This first panic attack then instilled a fear of experiencing the symptoms again when you next visited the shop.

Your fear of thinking they would happen again then actually created them becaus you were already worrying before you went into the shop the next time This worry and fear of the symptoms returning created extra stress which made you feel panicky which in turn caused the panic to re-surface.

When you were at home, your subconscious couldn't stop worrying about the trauma you'd experienced. Again, this worry and looking for those symptoms then made you focus on evey sensation in your body and the slightest weird sensation then triggered you to worry and focus more until you triggered another panic through your own fear induced by the original panic.

The nightmares you experienced were due to the fact you felt trapped by your fear. You wanted to run away from these terrifying symptoms but you couldn't find an escape because they were constantly within you while you slept.

When you're alone especially, you then feel very vulnerable because the you fear the sensations returning causing you to pass out but no one is there to keep you safe. As soon as you're left on your own, your fear is already making the sensations re-surface because your fear makes you focus on them which then creates them just as it did Before you waled into the shop the second time.

Fear of feeling panics then rules your life because everywhere where you feel vulnerable you're already preparing yourself to "feel ill" which then you duly feel because the stress you're putting on yourself through your fear then causes the panics to surface.

So then..the cure?

Yes, there IS a cure so Never give up on hope but you need to learn the right technique first.

I realise it's VERY difficult when something terrifies you so much but these are some of the things that WILL cure you....

DON'T be frightened of them because the WON'T hurt you.
DON'T fight panics.
DON'T try to resist them.
DON'T allow them to tense you up.
DO keep calm, relaxed and breathe NORMALLY.
ALLOW them IN.
DON'T react to them.
DON'T care about them (say to yourself..."I DON'T CARE" and let yourself go LIMP!)
IGNORE them.
FORGET them.
RELAX your breathing.
RELAX your muscles.
DON'T think about them.
THINK about what you want in the shop.
KEEP your mind busy at home.
DON'T sit and do Nothing because you mind will wander.
LEARN a relaxation technique.
TRY to ease your pressures in your life (if possible).
DON'T go in search of a cure that doesn't exist.
REMEMBER the cure is in YOU because you were well BEFORE the first panic....you WILL be again.
DON'T dwell on what has happened.
WIPE your memory clean and look FORWARD.
DON'T worry and tense youself up BEFORE you go out.
LEARN how to keep calm.
DON'T dwell on frightening thoughts or feelings.
DON'T give in to fear!
NEVER GIVE UP.
KEEP PRACTISING the RIGHT techniques.

If you forget panics, they WILL forget you and evn if one day they do try to come back to haunt you, you'll then know how to tell them to get lost!)

I DO realise it's far from easy when you feel SO terrified but honestly, if you learn to all the above, then with Willpower and Determination you WILL be cured....I PROMISE! I know because I've been there!

Hope that helps someone.:bighug1:

Slothette
12-01-10, 19:56
Another great post Bill. Its certainly helped me by reminding me of the techniques I need to use.

If I may add that I found it beneficial also to find out and read about what a panic attack really is - I mean the biology involved. If you do, you realise that your symptoms are brought on by the normal flight or fight response. This certainly helped me.

Lex :hugs:

Jimpy
12-01-10, 20:01
It's helped me Bill, that could have been me you where writing about, especially back in November last year. Your right it is tough, it's like you have to be really strong when your feeling so weak. Also he pace that society moves at is so quick, it feels like trying to get on a speeding tradmil from a standing start sometimes. I am just taking small steps and will follow your advice, trying not to fight a panic attack or calm your anxiety feels so unatural at first! But am sticking with it!

Jim

crissy
12-01-10, 20:14
bill, brilliant hit the nail on the head,it's practise and more practise.
thankyouxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MOJO
13-01-10, 09:42
Hello Bill!:hugs:

It's lovely to see your brilliant, insightful posts on here again. Every single thing you wrote is so true. The answer is "Yes, this definately is me"!
Thank you for reminding us how to cope. It really gave me a boost this morning as the last few weeks since Christmas have been a huge struggle for me again.
I'm glad that you have managed to get yourself back into a place where you can "function" again. I know things will never be easy for you but it's so nice to hear the Bill of old again. (I was going to write "old Bill" but that's the police isn't it?!!!!:)) I was so worried about you for a while there, as were so many of your friends on here.
Take care.
Judy.xxx:bighug1:

gypsywomen
13-01-10, 09:54
well bill you hit the nail on the head .. i had bad day yesterday ,, full of fear but dont know why ,very strange this illness .just want to feel like the me i was ,, will it happen if i work on this anxiety ,xxxx

Alabasterlyn
13-01-10, 10:01
Another brilliant post Bill, thank you :hugs:

ro44
13-01-10, 15:51
Bill, your post is great, I totally agree and can relate. My problem is that I still am not sure if my strange feelings are totally from anxiety. I feel that if I have any doubt, (like Claire Weekes says in her books) that I will never fully get well. I had a bad grocery store episode over a year ago and I haven't gotten out much since then. I was shopping and started feeling so off in the head and weak, I had to call someone to come and get me. Now, I don't do any kind of shopping at all. I have such tightness in my neck, shoulders, entire back really. It even goes down into my arms. When I walk around in stores, looking at items I feel so horrible I feel I need to go to the car and recline back. I have a GREAT fear and now I don't go shopping without my husband. Most of the time I have him go in for me, I usually wait in the car. I hardly drive anymore because it makes me feel anxious. If I am riding, I'm not too bad, but driving I feel panicky and off in the head. It's like the concentration of the road or something is too much for me. I feel like such a failure.

I go to a chiro regularly and my xrays are improving but the tightness doesn't go away. I feel that if my neck and back weren't so tight I wouldn't feel so "off" in the head and I could go out. I often feel this way even at home, walking around in the house.

I've been to lots of doctors, some say fibromyalgia, others don't say much of anything. If I take a xanax, i do feel somewhat better. I just wish I knew if it was really anxiety or if I'm feeling this way because of my neck which is in turn causing the anxiety.

Sorry, I probably shouldn't have posted this. I'm just down right now.

eternally optimistic
13-01-10, 20:32
If you forget panics, they WILL forget you and evn if one day they do try to come back to haunt you, you'll then know how to tell them to get lost!)

I like the above alot Bill, I will try and bring that to the forefront when Im worrying.

I work and have to pay a visit to the bank for work (!) where I had a very funny "turn" and I have put it off for weeks.

I so hate that fast overwhelming feeling, and yes, it is only a feeling but it frightens me.

THANKS Bill for the great post and your encouragement to us all.

Hope you are doing well, Bill and Happy New Year to you.

KK77
13-01-10, 21:37
It seems that our old friend the son of anger Mr frustration had a part to play in the beginning causing the stress to mount. Gradually it becomes Mount Everest.

I think that we're conditioned from an early age to run away from the things we don't like. We confuse the real physical dangers in life with the imaginary psychological ones. Soon the body reacts to imaginary threats as strongly as it would to the physical ones. I think this is the beginning of panic and anxiety disorders and you describe the outcome very well.

Very good post as usual Bill. I think it'll help many people...

mummy4
13-01-10, 22:01
wow bill.........you truly are amazing thank you :)

diane07
13-01-10, 22:26
Brilliant post bill,

You wrote, exactly how my agoraphobia first started, i will certainly take comfort and knowledge from your post.

Thank you,

di xx

SueBee
13-01-10, 23:06
Amazing and insightful post as ever Bill,

My panic only subsided when I started to laugh, welcome and tell it to 'do its worst'.

I've realised today that I am able to leave the house again without fretting most of the day or giving it a second thought after a year of being virtually housebound.

I'm going to print off your post and carry it with me just in case I get 'lost' in panic ever again.

Thank you!! :hugs:

Bill
14-01-10, 05:24
I'm just glad it's been of some help.:hugs:And Judy, yes, I am feeling better these days. Thank you.:hugs: Just to pick out a few points...

Ro, the only thing I can really say is that when we suffer from anxiety we tend to tense all our muscles up due to fear. I can remember once that I had to go for a medical for a new job and the doctor was trying to hear my chest through my back but he couldn't because all he could hear was my muscles creaking due to tension as I was so nervous about the medical. The only thing I could suggest is that you focus on relaxing all those muscles around your neck, shoulders, back etc because we tend to tense them up without realising we're doing it. Sorry, it's all I can think of other than having regular massages. Perhaps a massage therapist could help because they untangle and relax all those muscles by releasing them. Evidently they can feel where the muscles are tied up. It's helped me in the past so it might help you too Ro.

In the same way, we often hold our stomach muscles in through tension but again we don't realise we're doing it but it often seems to me that when we hold our stomach muscles in can make us feel we need the loo and/or restrict our normal breathing pattern so may make shallow breathing more likely.

I think remembering to keep all our muscles relaxed may help in lots of ways because the muscles are then allowed to perform normally without the tension that can cause panics and other anxiety symptoms.

Sue,

You mention that word - Laughter! What's that saying? Laugh in the face of adversity? It's very true because fear and danger lose their power when we laugh at them because we then forget our fear and laughter helps to keep us relaxed. A good laugh is really good therapy because it also releases endorphines(?) that help make us "feel good".

Lex,

Yes, always forget something! lol That flight or fight response that causes panic! When we feel trapped by stress it is often triggered in situations that tap into our underlying stress i.e. in situations where we feel closed in with no escape such as on buses, in a car, shops etc.

I always feel there are more than one type of stress. There is the daily type that we encounter in our lives such as at work with a heavy workload or being pushed too much to meet deadlines, or at home looking after the kids, cleaning, hoovering etc.

Another type is what I call "boredom stress". This is when we don't have enough to keep our minds occupied so our minds will wander onto negative thoughts such as worries and fears which then cause the stress. This often happens when we lay back after a hectic day thinking of just being able to relax but we don't. I think we either need to train the mind not to dwell on negative thoughts, take up a hobby to keep the mind relaxed and occupied or simply go to sleep while listening to relaxing music. Just don't sit and think! Even watching TV can sometimes be bad if the programme isn't interesting enough.

I feel the other main type of stress is what I call "emotional stress". This is when we've been through bad experiences which have left an imprint in our minds that we can't forget so we keep getting flashbacks. These flashbacks create the frightening thoughts which then create the stress. I feel sometimes that even intrusive thoughts or OCD maybe based on past bad experiences.

Whatever form of stress we're suffering from, too much stress will always cause tension which will be triggered in closed spaces. This stress will then make us feel trapped so we'll feel we either need to fight or run and when we can't, we'll panic!

Another little mention while we're on this subject is the "parrot in the cage". I know I've mentioned this before but have you heard of parrots pulling their feathers out? They say it's due to stress which maybe because they feel trapped. However, it also reminds me of something we do when we feel stressed. A parrot will pull his feathers out but too much stress for us will either sometimes make us selfh but probably more likely, turn our thoughts on "ourselves" in the form of "health anxiety".

When we feel trapped by stress, it seems to me that we're much mor likely to look for health worries about ourselves to worry about which maybe why we keep analysing every feeling and symptom we experience. It seems to me that when we're more relaxed and enjoying life, we tend to forget "looking for" health worries. For instance, when we suffer panics we often get palpitations and then we feel more stressed by those symptoms which then makes us focus on the palpitations making ourselves think they're more than just palpitations. In a way, it's kindof a health anxiety that's been created by too much stress because like a parrot in a cage, we turn on ourselves instead of feeling free and enjoying life and allowing the body to perform naturally. Just a thought.

Melancholia,

Mr Frustration! This has made me think of something else related to "him". Lack of Patience!

When we feel constantly ill because of anxious feelings, we get frustrated because we just want to feel well again but this frustration then makes us impatient. When we get impatient we build tension within us. In other words, we start trying too hard. This tension then adds more stress which adds to create moe panicky feelings.

Learning patience is also another way to say stay calm and relaxed. Fear feeds off fear. Stress feeds off tension. We have to learn how to deny anxiety its food if we want to starve it from affecting us and that is, to remember not to react to it when it tries to attack us. As Sue said earlier on, try to laugh at anxiety and it'll lose its power over us because we'll end up convincing ourselves it can't harm us...because it can't! We just allow it to make it think it can.

I often think of panics and anxiety as a ghost. A ghost will say "Boo" to try and frighten us but if you stand up to it, don't be afraid of it and don't run away, you'll actually find it has no substance and will disappear before your eyes. A ghost that wants to frighten us will feed off fear. Just say "Boo!" back to it and tell it to say "Boo!" as much as it likes! It won't know what to do then so it'll leave you alone to enjoy life again!:winks:

Hope that's of some help.:hugs:

eternally optimistic
14-01-10, 11:01
Bill

I took note of all your comments and ref earlier post, I made it to the bank for work!! Was shaking so much, its crazy, but I did it. Only wish doing the bank run would make it easier next time.

jude uk
14-01-10, 13:20
As someone that suffers from panic/agoraphobia and works in mental health. This advice is helpful but must be applied each and every time. I am just back from the dentist (my least fav place) and before it, I am all over the place but as soon as I am in that chair. I close my eyes and forget where I am. All the worst thoughts are over and here I am faced with my fear. There is nothing I can do about it now other than accept it. This is the same as a panic attack!!! The panic attack is here and the best thing to do is accept it

We can spend our time doing the same old rituals and having the same old thoughts but at the end of the day the panic is here and lets face it, we have been here 100s if not 1000s of times before and come through the other side.

crissy
14-01-10, 13:21
bill you a the rays from the sun, giving encouragement and hope, i love to read your posts, you help to allow the seeds you plant to grow within so many. thankyou bill with true sincerity.
love crissyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ro44
14-01-10, 17:32
Thanks Bill, I know massage would probably help. I used to go years ago and it helped some. The last time I went was probably two years ago. I tried to relax during the massage but I couldn't seem to. I even had a weird "head rush - zap" thing laying face down on the table. After that all I could think of was "I want this to be over, I want to leave" so now, of course I guess I fear that will happen again. Dumb, huh??? Anyway, I did get out yesterday and actually drove to the grocery store alone. That was a big deal for me, I only bought a few items. But I made it there and back home. I told myself I had to get out and start driving again, I felt a little anxious, well probably a lot, but not terribly bad like before. I hadn't driven in so long, it felt kinda strange, unreal like at times. I tried to distract myself by listening to the radio. I know I wasn't breathing very well. I think I tend to hold my breath a little without even realizing it. I will admit I did take a small dose of anti anxiety med, which I think helped a lot. I know I probably do tense my muscles without realizing it. I guess years of this has just really messed up my whole body!

Anyway, I wanted to say thanks. Your post inspired me, I am going to try to get out more. I don't have to work, so it's easy for me to just stay home all day. I don't think that's really too good, I think it can lead to me feeling a little depressed.

Thanks again,

Ro

Typer
14-01-10, 17:51
Bill I want to save this and print it off. YES exactly although I did not have a panic attack in the shop, I did have my first bad run of ectopics and the experience of having a long run of them was so bad that I thought i would die, or at least pass out. before that I was not anxious, but was under a lot of stress.

Now I am not living, I weep all the time because my life feels down the pan. I cannot crawl up the pit find myself in because the ectopics came first, not the anx. The fear of having to live my life with them is overwhelming

Bill
15-01-10, 05:17
A couple of thoughts...

Anyone is Always welcome to print off things I've typed if they think it will be of help to them. I'm just really pleased to be of help!:hugs:

I close my eyes and forget where I am.

Jude,

I often use that technique too, especially at the dentists. I try to picture laying on a beach with the sun on my face and a cool sea breeze while listening to the waves hitting the shore....before I know it I'm dropping off and the dentist is asking me to open my mouth!

It works for me because I forget my surroundings. Closing your eyes stops one of the senses being aware where you are. The only problem I think though is that some people may then focus on their sensations too much when they should be training their mind to imagine a nice situation or to focus on controlling their breathing for it to work. It does work but it has to be done correctly. That's where practise comes in by remembering to use the right techniques over and over again until it becomes second nature.

Ro,

I tried to distract myself by listening to the radio.

Any good distraction can help as long as it takes our attention enough away from thinking about our situation or feelings. Sometimes when I'm in a pub and I feel a little anxious, I'll look around the walls at the pictures and really analyse them, and even put myself in them. When in shops, I'll focus on what I need to get. Writing a list can help because the list helps you to train your mind on what you need and what you're looking for rather than where you are and what others are doing around you.

One technique I use is "tunnel vision". Imagine an athlete standing at the blocks waiting to race a 100 metres. All he focuses on is "his" lane, the finishing line and his "technique" as to how he's going to get there. He Doesn't think about the crowd cheering or the other athletes in the other lanes. He just focuses on what he needs to do and Not on any nerves he's feeling. He pictures himself running along the track and making sure he takes each stride correctly.

The same can be used when we're out. Don't think about what others are doing, your surroundings or how you're feeling. Focus on a plan where you want to go, what you want to get and how you're going to achieve your goals. That's where the list keeps you focused on your plan and technique.

The same can be said at work in a crowded office. Focus on each job, one at a time and don't think about your feelings or wht others are doing around you. Keep your mind trained. The only problem then could be "boredom stress" if you haven't got enough to really engage your mind. I used to find I'd get up, go to the loo, get a drink...anything..just to make sure I didn't sit and think too much. Just a thought.

I think I tend to hold my breath a little without even realizing it.
I know I probably do tense my muscles without realizing it.

A couple of things I think would help you to work on Ro. Be more aware when you're holding your breath and tensing your muscles.

When a panic attack hits, it can feel very difficult to stop because the feelings takeover as they're so frightening. Often the best attack against panic is to learn how to "prevent" them BEFORE they start because then you keep control of YOU rather than allowing fear and panic to take control Of you.

If we train ourselves to learn how to breathe properly, panics Don't happen. If we train ourselves to keep our muscles relaxed even when we're feeling afraid, we prevent tensing up which reduces stress. So often we'll go headlong into panic because we allow the feelings to takeover by letting them take hold by going along with the flow of the fear. If we say "stop", I'm going to breathe Properly, I'm going to keep Relaxed, panics are stopped in their tracks. As so often with illnesses etc, prevention is better than cure and we can Certainly learn the signs that create panic and therefore how to stop them before they take hold. It's unlearning a bad habit of allowing panic to dictate to us. We need to learn how to dictate to it to take away its power on us.

Typer,

Ectopics, if they're palpitations, will never come first. Our thoughts determine how the body reacts. If we think an anxious thought, our body will start feeling anxious symptoms. If we feel under alot of stress, our subconscious is aware so will start producing excess adrenalin which causes palpitations. If we live in fear, fear will live our lives.

We can wake without even thinking anything but immediately feel anxious because our trained response to a new day will be to feel anxious because of how we felt when we woke on previous days. If we see a lion we don't "think" about being eaten. We either fight or take flight without thinking why. We respond in the same way to stress at work or panics we've felt during the day before. We wake with a lion in our mind without even being aware its there. It becomes automatic until we learn how to have good days so we don't fear each new day.

When you've been through a period of too much stress, it can leave a switch "on". We need to learn how to switch it "off" again by remembering how we used to be and introducing things to look forward to.

All I can say at present is that you DON'T have to live with them. They WILL go but you need to learn how to not fear them and how to ignore them. It takes time so be patient and NEVER give up on hope because hope is ALWAYS there.:hugs:

Typer
16-01-10, 13:03
Bill thanks.

I have purchased and am reading Claire Weeks book and what she says fits with what you are saying.

I understand about the vagus nerve and how the nervous system has become sensitized - but where to begin? Some of the stress is still around for me, and there is no way to shift from that right now.

I was plodding on in life just fine in that I did not have panic attacks etc. But long term stress which made me irritable and angry a lot of the time, I think took its toll on me. NOW though I am very anxious a lot of the time - and being dizzy so much of the time has even stopped me from working.

But thanks for your great input which is helpful and comforting

Bill
17-01-10, 04:02
Too much stress will certainly produce irritability which will then cause tension and anger because it feels like everything is getting at you. This build up does often lead to anxiety because we end up storing these feelings because we feel unable to release them. That feeling of being trapped by stress.

I must admit I've never read Claire Weeks books or any other self-help books so I honestly can't comment on what they say but from what I've heard they're very good. Like all therapies though, they only work if the sufferer is prepared to put the work in by following what they or their therapist tell them to do. One of the things I've always found is that if we don't have faith or can't connect with our therapist, the treatment doesn't work because the lack of faith stops us building self-belief because we have no belief in what the therapist is saying which then leaves us with negativity and self-doubt. That also happened to me so I decided to learn for myself by gaining the knowledge I felt I needed.

Anyway, getting back to your problem regarding feeling dizzy much of the time, I found this old post of yours which I thought would be helpful because it explains about your ectopics.....

Then a couple of months back, they came hard and often. On three separate occasions I thought I'd black out as I felt so dizzy and they seem to go on for longer .... like a run of them on top of each other. Once I was in a shop, another time in a bank and once at home.

I had a 24 hour monitor about 18 months ago which showed ectopic beats. Each time I go to my doctor he refers to that even though I keep saying it's changed, they are worse and almost all day long. The more my doctor ignores it, the more anxious I have become. I have gone from being a fairly stable and together person to a quivering wreck at times.

I know stress makes them worse, and I know some people take beta blockers but...

The other symptom I have is a slow heart beat, esp in the evening. I have to get up and walk around to get it going.

So here I am trying to overcome the panicky feelings I have developed. I now seem to have a phobia about my health generally.

From what you're saying it appears that from the moment you wake until you go to bed, your focus is on your heart and other health anxieties because of your fear of them.

Have you ever tried concentrating on blinking?:scared15: Try it.......What happens? Can you work out when and how often to blink? Difficult isn't it. Why?.... because it's something that Doesn't frighten us to think about so it happens "naturally". Therefore, what happens when we focus on our heartbeats because we're "listening" for them to make sure they're beating "naturally"? We end up worrying about them just as we would if we felt we couldn't blink "naturally". This worry then raises stress and tension which then makes the heartbeats "feel" they're beating faster or more irregular because of the adrenalin being produced due to our worrying which then ends up with a cycle of focusing on our fear which then keeps our fear alive because of the sympotoms we're constantly creating by not allowing them to perform "naturally".

One of the problems with not being able to work due to anxious symptoms such as panic means that we then have much more time to focus on looking for and then worrying about our health and things that the body does "naturally". We can therefore end up lying on the bed or sitting on the sofa "thinking too much" about our health because we don't have enough to occupy our minds.

Sometimes the more we Think about anxiety, the more we make our anxious symptoms worse. If we then start looking for reassurances to our symptoms, whatever we read or hear will then cause us to analyse those symptoms even more because we can never find the reassurance we need. Often even when we do fel reassured, the time on our hands will only allow us to think more and look for something else to worry about. Anxiety then ends up ruling our lives because we allow it to by letting it bully us.

The one thing that really helped me was to make Sure I didn't sit and think about my body and feelings it produced by making Sure I had an interest to look forward to, a hobby to keep my mind occupied or simply filling my day with a routine. Whenever I sat to relax, I always made sure I Didn't sit and think. I'd play music or even better have a puzzle to work out.

I know it can feel very difficult to stop yourself thinking about feelings when they feel So frightening but the more you train yourself to Not analyse, the more the feelings then leave you alone Because you've stopped thinking about them.

Have you stopped thinking about blinking now? Have you been aware or even know how many times you've blinked while reading this?

Try to let your body do what it does "naturally" by finding other things to think about or enjoyable things to do and your body and health will then stop worrying you.:hugs:

Desprate Dan
17-01-10, 08:36
Sorry i havent been around for awhile but that doesnt mean i forgotten about all my good freinds on NMP, I have been feeling good and i went to my GP to see if i could reduce my medication but he still feels its not the right time and wants to see me again in 4 weeks, i really want to test to see if i have changed or its the meds which are making me feel better but i wont be able to tell unless i stop them......

Once again i would like to thank Bill and all my other freinds on NMP for there help and support.. Its topics like this one from Bill and others that have helped so many people including myself, Keep up the good work Bill i am so happy to see you back being your usual helpful self..

Take Care

DAN