PDA

View Full Version : panic attack symptoms

rozzy057
12-01-10, 22:47
hi! my symptoms seem to change all the time. When it first started i would literally be sick, and would have an upset stomach. Then i would get pulpitations and hyperventilate, so much that my nose would go numb and i start shaking! then it went to stomach cramps... quite severe.When it got really bad 6 months ago, i couldnt eat, food literaly just wouldnt go down. At the moment i feel sick, iv been feeling sick constantly for the past 3 days. Also the first thing that happens, no matter how little or severe the panic attack is... is that i cry, i literally cant help it! it just starts happening!

mom1982
12-01-10, 22:54
i feel like that too many times. i just cry when i start feeling physically sick, when i get chest pains or strange tummy pains, sore throat, chest infection etc... i get stressed worried & worry all day until i cannot cope & am just in tears all the time once it gets too overwhelming. im quite sick right now & not coping well.

rozzy057
12-01-10, 23:00
exactly! and because i am crying all the time, i am certain that my family and friends and bf are getting fed up of me! i feel and look like a cry baby! but i literaly cant help it! if i get any kind of symptom i just want to hide away, and sleep it off and cry! i feel like any little thing, is going to get worse, and i will be in hospital within the hour! On the occasions where i manage to tell myself, that it is just panic or anxiety, and its just my brain messing with me, i manage to get through it, but i still cry...and its so embaressing :( I used to be someone who never let people see them cry...and now everyone and their dog has seen me blubber away

BlueWater
12-01-10, 23:03
i often cry too ... its like fearing the symptoms and being very upset about getting them and just having enough of feeling sick... its all really exhausting.

rozzy057
12-01-10, 23:11
i find it exhausting!! after a panic attack , my eyes feel so heavy, and i feel like i could sleep for a week! infact, iv almost got into the habit of tryin to sleep away the pain :(

BlueWater
12-01-10, 23:15
im the same, my husband often thinks im lazy but in fact im too tired to do anything and just could sleep most of the time :shrug:

mom1982
12-01-10, 23:21
It would be good for me to get more rest. I can't sleep, i'm afraid to shut my eyes & sleep.

Everyone gets sick but every thing i get no matter how common it is like a sore throat or headache, i start feeling that it is a symptom of something serious & it's suddenly going to get worse.

I feel like this:

i feel like any little thing, is going to get worse, and i will be in hospital within the hour!

rozzy057
13-01-10, 00:15
its such a relief, to know that other people can relate to me! because as supportive as my family are...there are just some things they cant understand,and my crying,exagerating over illnesses and sleeping habits are some of them! its so frustrating for me when it happens,as i know there is no need for me to be behaving in that way! but i cant help it :(

ame
13-01-10, 00:18
hi guys i feel all those things that you do and it makes me so scared :(
day before my birthday i have felt so sick i had to go to the hospital.. as my stomach felt like its gonna kill me soon and my breathing was so heavy + i was shaking like mad..
went to the a&e .. when the doctor saw me and asked whats the problem i have started crying .. just could not help it .. he told me straight it is a stress so i go to see my GP on Friday.. i am so scared
take care of yourself

mom1982
13-01-10, 00:24
Health anxiety is an illness just like any other physical illness & the only way to recover or cure it (in my opinion) is by reprogramming the brain. Anti-anx meds can't cure anything but I heard it does take the edge off & helps many cope better. I don't think anyone can just get over HA, they can't just wake up and it's gone. It's sad when family & friends don't truly understand it & think we're crazy, over-reacting or lazy full of excuses. It's an illness.

rozzy057
13-01-10, 00:40
dont be scared, i know its hard...but you will get over this!! i hyperventilate and shake, the best thing to do is breathe in slowly and count to 4 in ur head, and then breathe out slowly and do the same. You wil begin to calm down rather quickly. I take buscopan for the tummy ache, and have a cup of tea to calm me down.Its hard and frustrating that its all in our heads so to speak, even though the pain and fear is very real.. but strength of the mind is the quickest way to beat it! just remember to do the breathing excercise, and you will see yourself calm dowm immediatly! i always get my mum to help me, as she forces me to do it slowly! so maybe asking someone to help you would help! hope this helps you :)

mom1982
13-01-10, 00:53
another trick i learnt is to take your pulse when you feel your heart is racing & you're gonna die. when i do that, my pulse rate is always less than 90. if your pulse rate is less than 100, it shows that the whole heart racing, heart gonna race til it stops feeling is all in your head. if its more than 100, it still doesnt show any problem but it really helps to calm down if you know its less than 90.