PDA

View Full Version : Melanoma & Lymph Node Scare

Kraggy
12-01-10, 22:55
Hey everyone!

Its been a long time, several month's already I guess. I've pretty much been HA-Free for the past month's, but unfortionatly nothing seems to last forever and it returned..

So anyway, I've gotten back to that habit of frequent self checking once again...

It started with some pain in my armpit, I felt and noticed a swollen node...Then I started feeling the entire area, feeling a few more between my neck & shoulder, Inside the soft tissue, all pretty much small. Then just now it got really bad, I just rested my head down on the bed when I felt a slight stinging pain behind my ear, There has been a lymph node there ever since my HA started nearly a year ago, When I felt it I noticed it had grown, Or well, Maybe its not grown, its asif a second lymph node pretty much attached to that one has decided to swell up, its pretty small..but it feels hard, the "Attachment" feels harder then the rest of the node that I already had..

To make it even worse, while typing this message I felt on my back, and noticed a pain then I touched a bump, I decided to rush down and look in the mirror and realised it was a sore birthmark, slightly red with a hair sticking out of it!

Now this really got me scared..

Since the Birthmark is nearby Im afraid its melanoma that had spread to the nodes now :(

Kraggy
13-01-10, 13:29
Nobody got some info and what kind off harmless things I could be? :<

ZoJo
13-01-10, 13:53
Hi Kraggy,

You might have just caught your birthmark and made it sore. I had a birthmark which had hair growing from it, always catching it and always bleeding. I had it removed in the end (because it was on my face!) Just get it checked out at the doctors and that should put your mind at rest. As for poking and prodding, I tend to find that makes thngs feel worse, just ask the doctor to check.
Sorry I can't be much more of a help :)

Kraggy
13-01-10, 22:52
Thanks for your reply, I sortoff managed to calm down about the Birthmark, luckely.. Unfortionatly when I finally calmed down I felt a few more lymph nodes in my right armpit and I jumped back up into stress...

I decided to make a doctor's appointment for friday morning, Hopefully he can put my mind back to rest for atleast a couple of month's again..