PDA

View Full Version : Trying to come off Sertraline...

Morley
13-01-10, 11:56
Hi, As you will see from my first post I have been through and are still going through a rough time with my parents, my mum has dementia and dad has MS and is suicidal. I am struggling with my health anxiety and getting CBT for this. My problem is I have been taking Sertraline for years, ( 5 years) and I want to not be dependant on them anymore and I am constantly trying to ween myself off them but having to increase the dose because I don't sleep or get really depressed or panic about a new health problem!and drain all my husbands energy!

I take 75mg now decreased from 100 mg... I am finding that I am waking up sweating and thinking about tumours ( I had cancer when I was 15) and I get flash backs from having my illness) I notice this more when I am trying to come down.

I feel like I've failed when I can't seem to come off them and wonder why I still need to take them because I have a supportive husband who I am letting down...We are unable to have a family, because I am sooo stressed and I worry that I will miss the opportunity because I'm not getting any younger, my mum had an early menopause... this is another reason why I need to come off sertraline. we are both visiting the doctor next week...sorry to depress you all....