PDA

View Full Version : new to site

dazedandconfuzed
13-01-10, 13:07
hiya, im new to this site and would just like to say how reassuring it is to know that i am not alone with all these awful feelings. i had a huge panic attack in september and ended up in A and E wired up to an ECG, terrifying in its self! since then i have had constant panic attacks mostly smaller ones mainly brought on by my fear of having a heart attack. i am a single parent to two children and sometimes think that my panic attacks are caused by my fear of what would happen to my children if anything happened to me. I have had two episodes of waking in the night with my heart beating so hard that i thought it would burst through my chest (i had a dream both times in which i tell someone that my heart is beating so fast that it feels as though it was bursting through my chest!) Like many others i have been prescribed beta blockers which i dont take, i prefer a more natural route and have been taking valerian and rescue remedy which takes the edge off the panic attacks but doesn't cure them. it is the first time i have used a forum so thanks for reading this x:)

nomorepanic
13-01-10, 13:09
Hi dazedandconfuzed

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

margaret jones
13-01-10, 13:31
Hi you will find this site great for helping you, the chat room is popular and someone will always offer a listening ear and advice .

You are not alone Take Care Margaret

gypsywomen
13-01-10, 13:49
if you took beta blokers they wont harm you what they do is slow the addrenlin gland it helps stop panic attacks there are very little side effects,i have taken it for 3 years

Jacsan
13-01-10, 21:07
I know that feeling only too well. Every day I think this is the day I am going to die and I worry about leaving my only son. It's horrible and I wish I had the answer for you but I don't which is why I joined this too.
Here's to happy thoughts :D