PDA

View Full Version : gallbladder

anne19489
13-01-10, 19:08
Hi just new to site, i posted one message but instead of saying what topic i was hoping to get advice about i just put my user name hope i've got it right this time, i was wondering if anyone has had thier gallbladder removed & had any stomach swelling after the op. Thanks Anne:doh:

nomorepanic
13-01-10, 19:17
Anne - I will move this to a more appropriate forum. Thanks

ladybird64
13-01-10, 21:27
Hi just new to site, i posted one message but instead of saying what topic i was hoping to get advice about i just put my user name hope i've got it right this time, i was wondering if anyone has had thier gallbladder removed & had any stomach swelling after the op. Thanks Anne:doh:

Hi Anne :welcome:

It is interesting that you have raised this subject actually.

I had my gallbladder out nearly 2 years ago and I have never really thought about swelling of my tum, mainly due to the fact that I am..ahem..a large lady! However I have noticed some physical changes since having the op, one of them is that my upper abdomen has increased in size..now I have a double belly layer! :doh:

So it may well be connected to the op hun, I'm sure if it was anything else you would have a lot of symptoms.

Try not to worry :flowers:

anne19489
13-01-10, 21:39
Hi Ladybird 64 i also am a rather large lady, do you have any uncomfortable feeling, mine is very tender ( mind i do tend to keep feeling tummy) & feels pretty hard i seem to have no waist now, never liked clothes shopping now i dread it ( think i'll be going to rent-a-tent next lol), thanks for replying, Anne xx:bighug1:

ladybird64
13-01-10, 22:11
When did you have your op done Anne?

I was quite tender for a good while afterwards and I find that if I'm not careful about what I eat, I can get a bit of discomfort.

Having said that..stop prodding your tum! That is guaranteed to make you sore! :winks:

anne19489
13-01-10, 22:20
Hi had my op 1year gone 30th dec, swelling really started about 6mth ago, i know i should go to docs but i keep putting it off, i don't eat much, suppose that could be a bad thing, i just worry i may be worse than i think, could be me over-reacting as i've just lost 3 friend in the last 6 mths to cancer, i started to lose my hair so i'm having steroid treatment on my head, lor i sound like i,m falling to bits lol. thanks Ladybird:)