PDA

View Full Version : Hello - I'm a newbie

Dan1el
13-01-10, 19:43
Hi. I'm new to the site. Only just been diagnosed with depression. I am on Citalopram, but only been taking them for a few days, and the side effects are...odd. Has anyone else been on these? How are they to get back off again? Did they help?
Any advice is much appreciated.

Dan

nomorepanic
13-01-10, 19:45
Hi Dan1el

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

sammi
13-01-10, 19:46
hi daniel. welcome to nmp. i have been on citalopram for 3 and half weeks, they have lifted my mood but havent really helped my anxiety just yet but they take time to work. so give them a chance. x

Dan1el
13-01-10, 19:50
Thank you. I'll stick with them! Did you suffer any side effects?

sammi
13-01-10, 19:54
i got burning sensations all over but i dont no if that was the citalopram or my anxiety and feeling sick all the time i dont no if that was my anxiety or the meds either lol. wot about u? x

Dan1el
13-01-10, 20:00
My sleep is disturbed - not getting much more than half an hour at a time. Feel quite spaced and light headed a fair bit of the time, but that could be the lack of sleep...
Feel quite twitchy, and sometimes a little shaky. Again - could be the sleep. Have a small but persistent headache - kind of like a minor hangover. And man - I am so thirsty all the time! All in all not really bad - but you start to analyse every twinge and odd thought! It could be I'm just getting a cold! lol.

crissy
13-01-10, 20:01
daniel hi, i,ve been on citralopam for 5 weeks now apparently they make you feel worse before better, try not to worry about this because there are so many different reations to it search on this web citralopam (phyco poet has written good advice) you will see everyone elses views aswell. mine was a rough ride but calming down now.
you are in the right place daniel
love and hope crissyxxxxxxx

clairity
13-01-10, 20:03
hi. im taking cit too and have been for only a few days so can relate to you with the side effects. ive baan feeling sick all the time, tremors in the hands and legs and no appetite whatsoever, even though i can hear my stomach rumble. lol. i do feel like my mood has been lifted slightly but think the effects will come with more long term use. how long have you been taking them? xx

sammi
13-01-10, 20:04
lack of sleep i get i put that down to anxiety lol
shaking i shake all the time especially my hands that is since i started the citalopram. and the dry mouth i also put down to the anxiety but maybe its the medication. hard to tell lol x

Dan1el
13-01-10, 20:05
Hi Crissy, thanks for your post. I hope they are making you feel better now. The effects seem to be very varied!

Dan1el
13-01-10, 20:08
Just a few days too. Not been feeling very sick, more...unsettled. But definitely lost some appetite. Will keep you posted on how it goes! Keep me informed on how it goes for you too!

Jacsan
13-01-10, 20:55
Hello Daniel

I was on Citalopram for a couple of years and when you first start taking them there are sometimes side-effects but they do not last for very long.