PDA

View Full Version : Bad IBS attack last night!

leeann
14-01-10, 10:28
:weep: I had a really bad IBS attack last night, I was doubled over with it. Is it normally That I still feel in pain today with it. It started at 2 am even tho its not as bad im still aware off it!

suzy-sue
14-01-10, 10:58
:weep:Yes it can still feel painful and uncomfortable the next day ..Your bowel has been having bad spasms ,thats why its painful ..You need to try some antispasmodics which will relax the muscle of the bowel ..I take Buscopan ,,i find it works better than any of the others ,,You can buy it from the chemist or tescos ..Drink plenty of water and eat plenty of fruit and veg ...If it doesnt improve in a few days Id go and discuss it with your Dr ..It can be very debilitating and makes you more anxious :lac:.This will only add to it ..it is a viscious circle im afraid ..Do try to relax and try some deep breathing excercises ,it will really help ...Hope you feel better soon HUGS sue x:hugs:

Lissy43
14-01-10, 12:02
I have IBS so can sympathise, the pain is awful. I get it in my stomach and back passage.

I take buscopan, which helps with the spasms, and paracetamol for the pain.

joans60
14-01-10, 12:09
I also suffer with IBS so I can understand what you are going through
I take Kalanticon Gel and paracetamol
The part I dont like is the bloatedness and the pain
Look after yourself

Joanx

mandie
14-01-10, 13:33
I suffer with IBS, the pain can last me days sometimes

:hugs: mandie x

leeann
14-01-10, 16:48
Thanks every one :weep: My stomach dont feel right.. like im on the verge off another attack! I hate them so much. I normally take paracetamol but its not touching it this time. So I will take you all up on your advice thanks x

suzy-sue
14-01-10, 22:04
A lot of people get constipated by taking Paracetamol ..This doesnt necessarily mean you are not going to pass a bowel movement ,But it will cause the stools to be small and hard ..This is hard work for the bowels to move ...So causes more spasms ...Another viscious circle ..A warm hot water bottle on your tummy will do as much good .But you wont shift the pain until the spasms stop ... This will only be possible when you take antispasmodics and then you need to eat properly ..Wheat can cause pain as a lot of people can,t tolerate it ,due to this reason . too . . Sue x

ScaredCaz
14-01-10, 22:08
Hi suzy-sue

I have been taking paracetamol for the pain and i get constipation with my ibs are co codamol better to take?

leeann
14-01-10, 22:10
Since if had my attack my heart keeps getting funny beats.. Do you think this is due to stress. I never knew that about paracetamol learn something new every day x:)

suzy-sue
14-01-10, 22:18
It s causing you Anxiety thats why ..This condition is very common with anxiety .If you dont have it before the Anxiety ,you will get it because of it ..Another viscious circle ...:lac:A good diet &Relaxation is the key ,both mind and body ,,I ts not that easy AT FIRST ,,but not impossible ,,It can be done ...Sue x

steven67
14-01-10, 22:29
i've had ibs for 3yrs now, i have bad back and joint pain with mine ,i know want your going though i hope u feel better soon,best regards steve ,piles 20yrs ,ha 5yrs,ibs 3yrs.

peach
14-01-10, 22:32
hello,

ive had ibsd for 7 years, and really understand you pain!

i dont like taking anything for it, so just suffer with the pain, although, when im in the throws of a terrible attack, i do jump in the shower and let the warm water run on my stomach and back...this greatly relieves my pain.

also, if the pain gives you gas..let it out..i know, horrible, but very soothing for the pain if you can.

i also have a heatpack that i put on my back when its bad...

there are natural remedys you can take... ibs support is in the health shops in the fridge

im also about to try chinese herbs as they have helped friends with other issues....

sazmatazz
19-01-10, 21:02
I wouldnt recommend taking co-codamol as coedine can be irritating to your stomach and gut and causes constipation.
Thats what the doc told me anyway!