PDA

View Full Version : next year?

becca
14-01-10, 12:39
My boyfriend and family keep talking of what they want to do this year and next. My boyfriend keeps talking about his GCSEs next year and what he wants to do after school but i have no idea and these conversations really stress me out because honestly i cant see me being alive in the future because not so long ago i kept making suicide attempts and i was always in hospital. is this stress normal? i just never see a point in making plans because when i used to do this with friends, family and boyfriends they change the plans and abandon me and i just dont see the need in creating even more stressed on plans that wont even happen. does anyone else feel this way? :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

Alicat
14-01-10, 21:24
Hi Becca,

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so stressed. I sometimes feel overwhelmed if I think too much about the future. My advice is to concentrate on the here and now. Don't think too far ahead. One day at a time, do what you can and reward yourself for little achievements like completing homework etc.

I hope I've helped :hugs:

Midnight
14-01-10, 23:40
Hi becca,

Sorry to hear you are feeling so low :(. I completely understand where you are coming from. Before Christmas I had a really low period in which I thought I would be dead by the end of each day. Everyone was preparing for Christmas and getting excited but I didn't prepare as I was sure I wouldn't see Christmas. But I'm still here and getting better.

Please remember this feeling won't last forever, even though it may feel that way.

bellabessnjet
14-01-10, 23:41
Becca,
Know what you mean! I started a post on here in Dec about not just celebrating new year but each month. I'm hoping to get through Jan started off OK and now gone doooooooooown hill. /but only 17 more days then its Happy New Feb!! One day at a time, week by week, fortnight by fortnight, month by month. So long s we make each step we'll get there.