PDA

View Full Version : Fluoxetine and shaking

annabanana
14-01-10, 14:19
Hiya,

I've been taking fluoxetine for a week now and my hands always feel shaky, not particularly noticeable to outsiders but I can feel it, especially in certain finger. Has anyone else experienced this a side effect? My doctor did mention it but wondered if there's anyone out there who can sympathise...

Thanks

KK77
19-01-10, 21:41
Tremor is very common with all SSRIs and one that usually passes within a few weeks so don't worry about it too much. I don't get it with sertraline but fluoxetine did make me feel anxious and nervy for a few weeks (which can cause trembling).

Main thing is that it helps with your depression/anxiety - but if it doesn't go then mention it to your GP.

mabelthemini
22-01-10, 10:26
Hi,
Yep-i had it too,my legs used to tremble and hands shook, didn't last more than a few weeks though so stick with it. I've been taking them for over 2 months now and feel so much better. good luck :-)

soulsearcher
11-05-10, 09:17
Hello I have been on fluoxetine for a month and a bit and at first I started to shake it was quite bad but mine did start to go i still do shake sometimes but not as much now give it time if you can but because these pills have different reactions to people its always worth asking gp if in doubt

gareth

sarah jayne
16-06-10, 08:55
Ive been on them a week with no side effects apart from feeling sick and no appetite but ive woken up this morning and i feel really shakey :(