PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

blueboy68
14-01-10, 18:50
Only just become a member of this site although originally found it back in 2006. Well, in a nutshell I was given Ciprolex for six months in 2005, after reaching my lowest point I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic and given Seroxat. Despite reading the scary reviews I took it and it gave me my life back. I was on it for a little over three years and decided that life was so good and I no longer needed meds. I weened myself off over six months, no side effects and was med free for nearly 5 months.

Little did I know that almost a week ago now, the anxiety came back with such force I feel as I'm almost back to square one!

Back on the Seroxat but feel in a daze, never had these side effects the first time round.

Coming back to this site has made me feel not so alone:hugs:

nomorepanic
14-01-10, 18:52
Hi blueboy68

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
14-01-10, 21:30
Welcome to NMP, you will find it helpful and supportive here :welcome: Paige x

blueboy68
15-01-10, 17:52
Thanks Paige:)

Veronica H
15-01-10, 22:50
:welcome:Blueboy. Sorry to hear about your setback.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax