PDA

View Full Version : Car accident - head pain

Midnight
14-01-10, 19:21
Hello,

I have felt abit better the past couple of days and haven't had many anxiety symptoms. Just when I thought things were starting to look up I had a minor car accident where someone crashed into the back of me.

I hurt my head and have woken up with head and neck pain. My rational side is telling me it is whiplash but I am really scared that I have internal bleeding and will die or will lose my memory and get locked up.

On the up side I have completley forgotten about my "heart condition"

I'm feeling really down at the moment, it just seems like one thing after another. I am unsure whether I should go to the doctors and get checked out? I just feel so embarassed about going all the time.

Any advice is always appreciated!

Midnight

twiglet
15-01-10, 07:54
hi midnight,
sorry to hear about your accident.
i understand your concerns, it might be best to go see a doctor. at least you can put your mind at ease then. im sure you're going to be fine.
i know its hard because i worry alot too. you're not alone.
hope you feel better soon!!
take care.
twigs xx

nanny
15-01-10, 10:21
Sorry to hear about your accident.
Best to go to a doctor and get checked out, i would. There is no need to feel embarrassed, any doctor would understand the reason for your going. It will give you peace of mind and that in itself will make you feel better.

Midnight
15-01-10, 18:22
Thanks Twiglet and Nanny!

I called the doctors who said I needed to go to A & E because I had been involved in a car accident. I saw a really nice doctor who checked my head and spine and said it is just whiplash. When I told him of my internal bleeding/paralysing myself fears he took the time to explain how the muscles in the head and neck work to prevent this, he really put my mind at ease.

Unfortunately, it said it lasts on average for about 6 weeks.