PDA

View Full Version : Breathing Difficulties

sarah7
14-01-10, 21:06
Hi,

Over Christmas I had a dry hacking cough for 2-3 weeks that has mostly gone now. But the last few days I've had a tight chest (sometimes more of an ache) that feels kind of pressurey, and difficulty breathing and I find I keep yawning. And I've started to cough up a little phlegm now but as the cough I had recently was very dry that concerns me. I get a little pain sometimes, not always, in my back and/or chest when I do breathe deeply. Sometimes I also feel like I'm maybe forgetting to breathe or something because I realise I'm not breathing and I feel like I could sort of stop breathing for longer than I ought to be able to.

It's starting to really concern me, but as in the past when I do suffer with more severe anxiety it is usually my breathing it affects. I keep thinking it could be something like fluid in my lungs, or heart trouble, or a tumour or something.

I had a bit of an anxiety attack a couple of nights ago, but I don't know if thats related as I'd just had a very stressful day and the above issues were happening a few days before that anyway.

It's realyl worrying me so if anyone has suffered anything similar I'd really appreciate a response.

Thank you,
Sarah.

melvin
14-01-10, 21:14
hi Sara iv had this i put a lot down swimming when i take a deep breath i get pains in chest and back its all muscle related you say u have had cough for a couple of weeks so i reckon u have pulled Ur muscles give it a couple of weeks and it will settle down take a couple of paracetamol

sarah7
14-01-10, 22:04
Thanks melvin :) That's really reassuring. That makes so much sense if it's pulled muscles causing the tightness and pain and things. Will try paracetamol to see if it eases it.