PDA

View Full Version : Soo tired

phil06
14-01-10, 23:57
I have felt so tired today and had weak/dizzy symptoms will I be ok? Why do i feel so tired? :wacko: I'm worried I'll pass out.

Jaymondo
15-01-10, 14:38
Hi Phil,

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it at the moment. Are you tired through lack of sleep, or just generally feel fatigued?

I understand how you feel, I have bouts of insomnia, 4-5 days with no sleep or a maximum of 1-2 hours per night. Feel totally exhausted the next day, can not move head without feeling unsteady or feeling of falling down (which thankfully never has happened).

When I've spoken with my GP, he has reassured me that my anxiety & depression can cause insomnia to the extent of physical sympoms such as headaches, dizziness etc.

In regards to you passing out, if you've felt like this before then chances are you'd have passed out when you first felt like this. Still it never hurts to pop down and see your local GP, mainly for reassurance if nothing else.

Hope this helps,
Jason

phil06
15-01-10, 14:56
Hi Phil,

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it at the moment. Are you tired through lack of sleep, or just generally feel fatigued?

I understand how you feel, I have bouts of insomnia, 4-5 days with no sleep or a maximum of 1-2 hours per night. Feel totally exhausted the next day, can not move head without feeling unsteady or feeling of falling down (which thankfully never has happened).

When I've spoken with my GP, he has reassured me that my anxiety & depression can cause insomnia to the extent of physical sympoms such as headaches, dizziness etc.

In regards to you passing out, if you've felt like this before then chances are you'd have passed out when you first felt like this. Still it never hurts to pop down and see your local GP, mainly for reassurance if nothing else.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Still getting 7 - 8 hours sleep. Think it's a cold or something or I have tired panic attacks where I feel all weak and tired for about an hour then it passes. :wacko:

Maj
15-01-10, 16:22
Loads of people at my work are feeling like this at the moment. We're putting it down to January blues. It's dark at night and dark when we get up in the morning. We need some sunshine to perk us all up!!:) From another point of view though, sometimes anxiety and depression can make us feel constantly tired. I'm tired and anxious myself most of the time at the moment but have started taking more exercise and trying to eat well to help myself. Roll on Spring and Summer!
Myra:hugs:

SmartyPants
15-01-10, 20:48
Still getting 7 - 8 hours sleep. Think it's a cold or something or I have tired panic attacks where I feel all weak and tired for about an hour then it passes. :wacko:

I have this often phil, I put it down to another long term Anx symptom. When you don't get enough sleep, it gets even worse.

phil06
29-04-10, 16:49
This symptom has come back today..

Had 11 hours sleep and all day still feeling tired? :blush:

How can i be soo tired at 5pm yet had a good sleep?

Carys
29-04-10, 17:27
Being anxious is VERY exhausting ! Well, for that matter even intense positive emotions can be tiring; excitement, over stimulation, intense happiness and new situations can all make you tired. If you are having panic attacks during the day (which it sounds like you are ?) then they will really sap your energy, and can do so for days after you've had them. You are putting your body and mind under a lot or pressure and if this goes on day in and day out then the fatigue gets worse.

sketchyboots
29-04-10, 18:47
I feel really tired too. It's definitely related to anxiety and worries about not being able to do things in case of feeling anxious/ having panic attacks. Don't feel guilty about having a rest - you are probably more mentally exhausted than physically exhausted but the mind has a big effect on the body. I felt so bad today I had to have the day off work - I felt as if I was on a treadmill and couldn't get off. I think the break has done me good. Work or worry about work can also make you tired I think.

shebang86
29-04-10, 23:02
i get this quite a lot too. i linked this to me becoming unresponsive to my medicine and went back to the docs, as this was the deciding factor for me the first time. She put my dose up and i've taken a week off work as i have slept most of the day and been spaced out the rest. I assume though these things just take time. try getting exercise it helps a lot

Going home
29-04-10, 23:10
I know it sounds mad but you can have too much sleep also :scared15: and this can make you feel just as sh**y as not having enough. If you go into a deep sleep for more than 7 or 8 hours you can wake up feeling drugged (unless you actually are taking anything to help you sleep in which case you're bound to feel like this when you wake) and the effects of an extended deep sleep can last for a long time after you wake because it takes ages for your body to come around from it. Sleeping loads without taking sleeping meds can be a sign of depression too.

Anna xxx

phil06
02-05-10, 16:32
Does anybody get this for hours though?

Last few days I've been tired, heavy, sleepy eyes for most of the day?

phil06
03-01-11, 18:58
Does anybody feel shattered after 3 late nights?

Feel like doing nothing and just moody.

I was 4am on new year, day after 4am and last night 3am but slept on until 1.30pm and felt terrible...feel all weak and tired like I'm dying today?

The PC can be addictive sitting up really late..anybody else had this issue?

Going home
03-01-11, 19:13
Phil, you posted this thread in January last year, and people anwered it, including me with my reply in april, so why have you bumped it up again today? Have you not got enough threads going at the moment about the same things without bringing up one that is a year old and last added to by yourself last May? If I didn't know any better i'd say you were having a good old laugh at us all, trying our best to help you but you seemingly ignoring all the advise you are being given. If you really are so ill then you need more help than we can obviously give and we are all vunerable too remember. I don't think any of us are helping you Phil are we?

Anna

phil06
03-01-11, 19:31
Phil, you posted this thread in January last year, and people anwered it, including me with my reply in april, so why have you bumped it up again today? Have you not got enough threads going at the moment about the same things without bringing up one that is a year old and last added to by yourself last May? If I didn't know any better i'd say you were having a good old laugh at us all, trying our best to help you but you seemingly ignoring all the advise you are being given. If you really are so ill then you need more help than we can obviously give and we are all vunerable too remember. I don't think any of us are helping you Phil are we?

Anna

I'm reluctant to reply but I will and say I never found that reply helpful. I don't ignore advice however some symptoms can come up and I need to talk about it. I would prefer no replies than being told don't post. Plus I have given advice to others in threads over the past few days.

I don't know what it is with this forum right now but from my experience if I can't help in a post I'd not reply. I'm reluctant to use this forum when I get replies like this from the odd couple of members. Having been a member here a few years it's only in the past few months I've felt unwelcome posting here due to the odd few.

Going home
03-01-11, 19:39
I didn't say don't post, I asked you why you felt the need to bump up a thread from january 2010 when you have so many others on here at the moment, and your comment about my advice not being very helful to you at that time is hurtful...so obviously nobody who answered you at that time gave you any kind of helpful advise then? otherwise why would you feel the need to bump it up again, thats nice for us all to know Phil and I think its more than just a couple of members who find your attitude rude.

Anna

bottleblond
03-01-11, 20:11
In all fairness Anna. That was out of order.
We DO ask people 'if possible', to stick to their original threads and i think Phil only trying to do exactly that.

Please refrain from personal attacks hun because it's not nice to read.

Lisa

Going home
03-01-11, 20:21
Lisa, I understand what you're saying about the threads and agree, but the point was that if another member had bumped his thread up from so long ago that would be different, but Phil has quite a few going and still felt the need to resurrect this one from january last year? and then says the advice he got from it wasn't helpful? That's not personal? Ok, i'm old enough to say sorry and i'll leave it there.

Anna

bottleblond
03-01-11, 20:23
Thank you Anna!

Kells81
03-01-11, 20:33
Hi Phil

I think it is pretty normal to feel tired after a few late nights, especially if you are following a different sleeping pattern to normal, so I really dont think you have anything to worry about.

yvonne_uk_98
03-01-11, 20:44
Does anybody feel shattered after 3 late nights?

Feel like doing nothing and just moody.

I was 4am on new year, day after 4am and last night 3am but slept on until 1.30pm and felt terrible...feel all weak and tired like I'm dying today?

The PC can be addictive sitting up really late..anybody else had this issue?

Hi Phil06,

I've been going through the same thing, though it has happened due to bereavement. my sleep pattern is away to pot. right now Im working on it, getting it back to normal.

it drives me up the wall. I can understand in the need to write it down and ask for support again. sometimes that's what we need support when going throuh this. as it takes time.

I hope you find some way of getting your sleep back to normal and get your strength back.

I really glad that my friends are forever telling me the same advice over again, cause I dont always remember, plus when I write it down sometimes it helps. sometimes not. though I do work at it and try some of the advice given. though it is a working process and takes time.

keep posting and let us know how your doing.

Yvonne:hugs:

Going home
03-01-11, 20:46
I give up. I will delete some of the other post.

Anna