PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the Doctor Tonight

ogarchamplin
02-02-04, 23:49
I am going to see my Family Doctor tonight to see if he can help with my anexity and Pa's. I hope he can help because the last couple of days have been rough with palpatations and i feel like my heart stops and i cant breathe. I am also so sore in the shoulders and neck and when i wake up in the mornings i gag and almost throw up. I beleive that it is stress because the Cardiologist hasnt called and said anything bad about my heart monitor.

Harrisburg, Pa

Meg
02-02-04, 23:51
These are indeed all very common anxiety symptoms.

Talk to him about some CBT with or without meds as you both feel is right for you.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

ogarchamplin
03-02-04, 03:59
Just got back and my doctor put me on Zoloft and 1.0mg of Klonapin. He says that i suffer from Panic Disorder and that i am O.C.D which threw me for a loop. But he is the doc

Harrisburg, Pa

diana
03-02-04, 04:15
Hiya Ogarchamplin,

I do hope the meds help you a bit. Atleast take the edge off. I am sorry you are suffering so much. I do hope your heart monitor tests come back okay. So then you will be able to eliminate the heart problems as a stressor. Take care of yourself, and keep us posted as to how you are getting along. I also have OCD, which some days is worst than others, but not as bad as the PA`s ey? Like Meg said though all of the symptoms you mentioned are very common with anxiety. So no fear there atleast.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

ogarchamplin
03-02-04, 05:28
I just never considered myself OCD. In fact i was a little upset when he told me that. I can see some aspects of it but it just threw me off guard.

Harrisburg, Pa

nomorepanic
03-02-04, 20:43
Hiya ogarchamplin - did he tell you what form of OCD you have and has he offered you any other treatment other than the medication?

Nicola

ogarchamplin
03-02-04, 20:48
No he did not. He said i was obsessive with thought patterns which in a way i agree with. I am kinda of a Germa Phobe and i do check things before i leave the house. I think that he was really talking about how i concentrate on my heart and make matters worse. In fact he told me that i should not research OCD or Panic attacks on the internet because i would probally have all the symptons. I do have one question for all when you are really stressed out do you stratch yourself in your sleep?

Harrisburg, Pa

nomorepanic
03-02-04, 22:00
Hi ogarchamplin

Ok thanks for the reply. I think we all suffer from some form of OCD when we panic.

Now as for the scratching - well the last few weeks I have been itching all night and I am more stressed at the moment cos of work. You could have something there or it could be a complete co-incidence that I wake up itching and scratching all night.

Be good to see what others say as well!

Nicola

diana
04-02-04, 01:48
Hiya Ogarchamplin and Nic,

I too have been very itchy for the past 2-3 weeks now. However I think it may be because of the weather here. It is very cold. I`m not sure how the weather is there. Yet Ogarchamplin you may be on to something. Let`s see what everyone else says :). I agree Nic I do think we all have a bit of OCD. I don`t think that is very unusual.

Take care all,

Diana xxxx

ogarchamplin
05-02-04, 17:25
I had real bad anxeity last night. It took all my will not to rush to the hospital screaming that i was having a heart attack. I wish this medicine would work faster. I even went to the gym to try and get my mind off the PA but when i placed my hands on the treadmill it said my heart rate was 128 and i had only walked for a minute. So that scared the hell out of me. I am going crazy with this

Harrisburg, Pa

diana
06-02-04, 20:02
Hiya Ogarchamplin,

I know it is very hard to get past the thoughts that trigger our anxiety/panic. Though it is good to exercise to get the anxiety levels down, maybe it would be better for you to try something that will not put you aware as to what your heart rate is. Like maybe using the bicycle or something else that tickles your fancy. That way atleast, "the out of sight, out of mind" approach may kick in. That seems to work for me with everything. Usually if I am stressing over something or anxious about something I try to remove myself from what it is that causes these feelings. So then if I can not hear it or see it, I can usually cope much better. Just a thought for ya. Hopefully your meds will start to work soon to take the edge off. You are not going crazy, just reacting like we folks do to this disorder and it`s physical symptoms. Try to hang in there, it will get better.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

P.S. I don`t mean "REMOVE" yourself from something in the sense of stopping to do things that cause us to feel uncomfortable, but rather to find alternative things to do to get the relief we are seeking. I hope this makes sense.

babs26
08-02-04, 19:32
Hi ogarchamplin,

I too tend to concentrate on my heart a lot and suffer from palpitations, especially when I am really stressed out by my kids or just feeling generally low. When I was pregnant with my youngest son (who is now 8 weeks old) I was so convinced I was going to die in childbirth and even talked to docs into giving me an ecg to make sure my heart was ok. Yes it was fine, and boy did I feel silly. But its easy to feel silly when you arent actually having a panic attack. Its a different story for me at 3am when my heart is racing and I feel as if I am going to drop dead any minute.

I hope this makes you feel a bit better and not so alone because you most definately arent!!!

diana
08-02-04, 21:35
Hiya Babs,

I too went through a bout of convincing myself I would die during child birth. I stressed myself out soooo bad with those thoughts. That was 13.8 years ago and I am still here. I just wanted to let you know that there is someone else who went through that too. Funny now, but at that time I was convinced thoroughly that not only the son I was having, but that my other children would be motherless. Actually with my last 2 children I felt like tha,t preparing to give birth. Go figure ey? Well hope you are feeling a bit better now. Keep posting to let us know how you are getting along with things.

Take care,

Diana xxxxx

benoo5
08-02-04, 22:05
sometimes,i think its too easy for doctors to put names to symptoms..take OCD..my ex would check,and recheck the house,before we went out for the day,ten mins into the journey,we had to go back,cos she couldnt remember turning on the alarm..soo in the end i would always check,instead of her...but she didnt have OCD.

as for scratching in the night...yes i must! as my back is always covered in scratches..i know some are work related,but not all of them.

best wishes..bryan.