PDA

View Full Version : Coping With Stisitus Every Month

Ruby94
15-01-10, 09:13
(Please read if you get this too, or if you had this. It is a commen cause, or ive heard it is)

A month ago i thought i had a bladder infection/stisitus and it had been going on for three months before on and off so i thought something was truly wrong and it made me ill.

So i went to a doctor and she said most girls get this every month along with their periods and im about to come onto mine and i can its getting uncomftable down there already. And i know its coming and now when i feel like im gonna need to go to the toilet i know that feeling wont be gone after ive gone, its gonna hurt and im probably going to cry for a week. The bad thing is that the burning horrible feeling stays longer than my period so im coping with :weep:
cramps, tummy pains, feeling ill, burning pains and alot of crying and not much sleep.

I HOPE this isnt forever.

smudger
15-01-10, 09:17
Hi. Im 41 and I dont know anybody who has this with periods. Maybe im wrong but I would get a second opinion. If I am wrong you shouldnt have to suffer like this and need to be helped.Persist with the doc. Could it be 'thrush'?This can come and go n cause stinging like that.

Emira7
15-01-10, 09:17
Hi there

I have had problems with my waterworks as it were. I drink alot of water now, as sometimes lack of water intake can irritate the bladder. I am also on medication for irritable bladder syndrome, as my bladder is over active and gets upset over the slightest inbalance!

Bicarb of soda 1 tea spoon - tastes vile, but plong some strawberry jam on top and lots of water helps neutralise the urine.

keep going to your Doctors if symptoms persist, my friends daughter has just had a month long round of antibiotics to try and kick the infection.

I had antibiotics for weeks/months, but it kept coming back. They then concluded I had an irritable bladder. I drink all the time and pee alot! but its better then having the pain

Hope things get better for you hun
xx

nanny
15-01-10, 10:18
Seems you doctor is talking trollop!!!! Never know anyone get this when having a period, I'd go to another dr and get a second opinion.:shrug: