PDA

View Full Version : need some help very scared

mumof4
20-12-05, 09:36
i am in sever pain and have been for the last week i have really bad toothache that i cant eat sleep nor drink, i have tried everything toget rid of it even codamol but nothing will.

the only thing that helps is ice cold water.

im not registrated with a dentist becuase im petrified of them but i have to go so i phoned one this moring who will c me today for £30.00 as i dont normall pay as im on working tax but i cant wait so im taking it. but im really scared now cause iknow they will pull it out and deep down i know i have to get it done to help me as it will never go away but the detisnt seems that worse than the toothache.

im just looking for some ressuarance please.

vernon
20-12-05, 09:54
hi taylor, I know 100% what you are going through. I have been the same all my life, this last time I had bad toothache and infections for close to two years sometimes in agony but still didnt go. I have even pulled a tooth out myself in the past from sheer pain and fear. But about 2 months ago I did decide to go, I looked for a dentist that said they deal with dental fears, then asked before i went if I could have the gel on my gums before the injection to freeze it before injecting and they did. The injection isnt my only fear with dentists just the sound of the name kills me. but soehow this seemed to help me, and to my supprise I hardly felt anything. The pain we go through for about 5 mins of discomfort? thake care u will fell much better once its out. Vernon

mumof4
20-12-05, 10:02
tks vernon for replying i was hoping u would cause i can rember u telling me all about.

the last time i went to the dentist i ran out crying.

i dont know if this dentist will use the gel i will ask her.

was it sore getting the tooth out?

will i feel anything?

what did u use for pain releif the only thing that helps me for seconds is ice cold water.

i know i have to do it i cant go on like this.

Wannabeloved85
20-12-05, 10:18
You know that feeling when you know you really dont wanna do something, but you do and feel 100% proud and better about doing it in the end!
I reckon you'll go and maybe feel a nervous bout going, but when you come out, PAIN FREE, youll feel alot better for doing it! remember to treat yourself aferwards! even kids get a balloon and lolly after a dentist visit!

andrew
20-12-05, 11:50
hi taylor,

it sounds more like an infection, they'll most probably just have a look and give you anti-biotics for it .. good luck, hope it goes well .. tc andrew

Pennie
20-12-05, 12:36
Hi,

Hope all goes well. It'll be worth it to feel better.

Take care

Pennie

Fear is static that prevents me from hearing myself. ~Samuel Butler

Quirky
20-12-05, 12:53
Hi Taylor,
Hope you got on ok. I hate the dentists too, I was ok pre anxiety most of the time. Our fear is usually worse than the actual event though. I had a filling fairly recently and asked for the gel and I didn't feel the injection at all. I have also had all my wisdom teeth out under local anaesthetic and I didn't feel a thing when the teeth came out. I do know how you feel though.
Take care,

Lisa

Meg
20-12-05, 15:29
If you've got an abcess that will need to be treated before the underlying tooth is removed.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

vernon
20-12-05, 18:15
Hi again Taylor did u go? Did they take it out? I know how bad you are with Dentists just like me its unbelievable, I am so sure I will have a heart attack cos I am old too lol. Well with the gel it kills the sting of the needle by about 80%, so to me the needle don’t frighten me now as much as it used to (Glad I found a Dentist who uses it and not call me a baby like last dentist). I was still shaking like mad in the chair but telling them all the time how nervous I am. Really try hard to take your mind off whets happening, Like, counting backwards, thinking hard of the words of a song, count sheep and even pinch your leg. And no I didn’t feel nothing when the tooth was pulled in fact they had to tell me it was done. Then after you feel 100% better and so pleased you done it, you then wonder why all them months of pain for a few mins of much much less pain. Tell us how u get on? Take care. Vernon

mumof4
20-12-05, 18:16
tks for ur replys went to the dentsit at 3pm was very nervous so my partner came with me, that helped me take my mind of it,

when i went in i was really bad explained to the dentist how i felt and she said dont worry i wont do anything without ur say so which made me at ease.

she looked in my mouth and tryed to see what was wrong then took a xray,

its turns out there was nothing wrong and my teeth are fine but i have a ulcer at the top of my mouth and she says cause its on a nerve thats whats been causing the pain,

since ive came out ive had no pain so my partner says mabe alot of it was in my head and i have wondered if it was.

im just glad there was no toothache.

tks again.

alexis
20-12-05, 18:32
Hi Taylor, just caught up with this thread, I am so glad you got on ok and your tooth is safe. I hate dentists too as many normal people do, with me I think its because they are so close, same as opticians, anyway well done for being so brave. take care.

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

vernon
21-12-05, 23:17
Well done Taylor so happy it went ok for you

leslie_ve
21-12-05, 23:43
hi im off to a dentist tomorrow long overdue really im having a filling im ****ting my pants now. i no wats gonna happen as soon as i get there. but im determined nt to let it stop me. the tooth will only get worse and ave to ave it out, which is obviously worse. i never used to worry about them till this yr b4 id go and be fine. but all will be ok so i think we all worry too much