PDA

View Full Version : Doing things by myself

Downsinthenorth
15-01-10, 10:50
I'm fed up of being stuck in this house - I only seem to leave it when I go to work. I moved up here to my husband's home town, and he has got his social life sorted out, while I feel totally excluded. We only go out together if at least one other person is going too. :weep:

Well I've decided to do something about it, rather than sit here feeling sorry for myself. I am going swimming tonight, even though I will have to drive myself in the dark (one of the many things that frighten me).

My husband said he would go with me, but I said no, because this is time for me, not him. Firstly, I need to be able to do things like this as part of getting back control of my life, and secondly, as I said to him, if he wanted to spend time with me we would already be doing it. AND it will do him good to be stuck at home while I go out without him, for a change.

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to get this off my chest.

gypsywomen
15-01-10, 11:18
hope you enjoy your swim good that your going alone

JaneC
15-01-10, 11:35
Good for you!

Downsinthenorth
15-01-10, 12:20
Thanks for the support. :)

rosebud
15-01-10, 13:34
Well done. Enjoy yourself !!!

charlb
15-01-10, 14:06
I know what you mean, im a full time mom which can be quite lonely at times and feel like i never do anything for me so iv enrolled in 2 courses which start next week, one of biggest fears is being in enclosed spaces but im hoping facing my fear will do me good. My little girl goes into a creche next door so im not far away and its only for 2 hrs a time but doings things for us can surely only be a good thing? Here's to being a more confident person

Charlotte xx

Downsinthenorth
15-01-10, 14:26
Thanks rosebud.

Here's to being a more confident person, charlb. :scared15:

margaret jones
15-01-10, 18:19
Go for it girl have a good time and keep doing it :D

suzy-sue
15-01-10, 18:50
Thats a very positive start ,well done ..I hope you enjoy it ..We all need a little bit of me time ...Good for you and keep it up ..Luv Sue x:hugs:

onceagain
15-01-10, 21:40
Hope you enjoyed your swimming and yay to you ((hugs))

Downsinthenorth
15-01-10, 21:56
The drive wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and I really enjoyed my swim. The water was warm, I felt all relaxed afterwards and a little bit proud of myself. :)

Downsinthenorth
15-01-10, 22:01
Oh, sorry, I posted before I could say thanks for all the supportive messages.

onceagain
15-01-10, 22:10
Glad to hear it was all you hoped for and you have every right to feel proud, keep it up and happy days ((hugs))