PDA

View Full Version : Really worried about blood tests

vikkij21
15-01-10, 15:20
HEY,
WELL AFTER HAVING LOWER BACK PAIN AND A SLIGHT PELVIC PAIN FOR OVER A MONTH, ON TUES i FINALLY PLUCKED UP THE COURAGE TO GO TO THE DR, TOTALLY CONVINCED SHE WAS GOING TO COMFIRM MY FEARS, AND TELL ME I HAVE CANCER, OF COURSE THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN, SHE SAID IT WAS PROBABLY MUSCULAR AND REFERED ME TO THE PHYSIO, BUT THEN ALSO SENT ME FOR BLOOD TESTS (WHICH MY HUSBAND HAD TO DRAG ME TO TODAY), WHY BLOOD TESTS?, SHE MUST THINK SOMETHING IS WRONG? IS THE PHYSIO JUST A COVER? i HAVE NO IDEA HOW iAM GOING TO FIND THE COURAGE TO RING UP FOR MY RESULTS, COMPLETLY FREAKING OUT. ANY ADIVCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED, THANKS XXX

B-gal
17-01-10, 00:00
Hi there, Im not sure why the blood tests were done but Im sure its just routine. I dont think the doctor would arrange for you to see the physio as a cover because they wouldnt want to waste their time. Im sure they sent you to the physio because they believe it will help you but are just sending away blood tests as routine procedure to rule out any other probs. Hope you feel better xxxxxxxxxxxx

Emira7
17-01-10, 09:01
Hey there

Don't worry, your Doctors job is to look at all possible factors. When I had pelvic pain I had a full blood count.

TC
Emira